• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by ji.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lincoln – Any recommendations for a day of sophistication?*
  • bearnecessities

*All day drinking.

Any advice of nice bars/locations to sit outside (weather permitting) & quaff beverages, eat crisps, people watch and then move onto decent evening spot suitable to be able to still hear someone talk?

Decent takeaway recommendations also useful (I said it was sophisticated 8) )

Ta.

Duffer
    Free Member

Lincoln is split into three halves. The half you want is at the top of the hill. Some lovely olde-world pubs up there, overshaddowed by the castle and cathederal.

Start somewhere near the Magna Carta and the world (town) is your oyster.

benji
    Free Member

Brayford wharfe area to sit outside and people watch, also a reasonable selection of food along there as well. Nightlife not a clue on, sorry.

bearnecessities

Ah that’s good thanks as staying in the ‘top of hill’ area apparently – looks like a really nice spot on your link; as does wharf if it’s sunny.

I’ll relax now; seems plenty of choice!

jsync

You could try these for bars:

Tower hotel
    Prince of Wales
    Craft
    The strait and Narrow

If you like ale then it’s the Strugglers – very local

Nightlife might be:

Craft
    Straight and narrow
    The white hart

Take away

The castle gate
    Everest express

Sit down meal:

The wig and mitre
    Thailand no 1

alexpalacefan

Lived in Lincoln for many years.

For an outside beer pub you can’t beat the Queen Vic, on Union Rd,by the W. gate to the Castle.

For a funkier down hill pub, try the Jolly Brewer on the corner of Monk’s Rd and Broadgate. Handy for the Lincoln Charcoal Grill, which does GREAT kebabs (and a bottle of sneaky Becks, if you ask nicely enough 😉 )

APF

bearnecessities

Excellent stuff; that’s an itinerary sorted. Thanks!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

If you like ale then it’s the Strugglers

I remember my boss coming over from the US and taking him out in Lincoln for a pint (we have an office there). We went in the Strugglers and embarassingly I only had a fiver. Fortunately – and surprisingly – there was free beer on tap! 😀

monkeychild
    Free Member

You need to go to widow Cullen’s well. It’s just slightly down the hill from the magna carta.

bearnecessities

Oooh, that looks worth a pint. Cheers MC.

cubist
    Free Member

<hijack>
    Fellow Lincolnites, where do you ride locally? Are there any undiscovered treasures in the area?
    </hijack>

benji
    Free Member

I’m usually found singlespeeding round the wolds when I’m not racing.

Duffer
    Free Member

Sherwood pines is only 45ish minutes away. I never found any noteworthy riding locally.

That said, there is a little area of jumps on the left of the A15 north, just as you leave the ringroad. I never went there myself, but apparently it’s good for a laugh.

stu170
    Free Member

Trebles!!!

And riding,willingham woods

Rivett
    Free Member

The bar at the top of the Hilton Double Tree hotel on the Brayford is quite swish for Lincoln and has good views.

ji
    Free Member

http://www.louthnet.com/LAMB

Local riders a few miles from Lincoln

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lincoln – Any recommendations for a day of sophistication?*’ is closed to new replies.