Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Lincoln
  • noteeth
    Free Member

“Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?”

Seeing this tonight & really looking forward to it. I know it’s Spielberg in Big & Important mode, and Day-Lewis has form for being OTT, but even so, I’m a gonna get me a big box o’ popcorn, sit back & enjoy.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Make sure you get a large coke or a double espresso. I found it very dry and way too political. I think the trailers made it look a lot faster paced.

philconsequence
    Free Member

DDL isnt over the top in it at all, watched it this afternoon with a patient. tommy lee jones is good in it, sally fields is brilliant in it but DDL is incredible as normal, you dont see the actor, just the character.

Duffer
    Free Member

It’s a really nice city – especially up the hill, in the old part of the town. Cobbled streets and everything…

zilog6128

Quite interested in seeing this, worried I might be disappointed though after seeing Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter recently

noteeth
    Free Member

It’s a really nice city

No spoilers please.

maccruiskeen

No spoilers please.

I don’t want to ruin the ending but….

LsD
    Free Member

May be a spoiler, but he gets shot at the end…..

BAH!!!! Foiled again 😡 😡

mrchrispy

west wing with beards

noteeth
    Free Member

west wing with beards

😀

noteeth
    Free Member

you dont see the actor, just the character

Agreed – an excellent performance by Day-Lewis. Hard to imagine how it could be improved.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Agreed – another excellent performance by Day-Lewis. Hard to imagine how it could be improved.

FTFY. 😀

Brilliant brilliant actor.

MrSmith
    Free Member

DDL was on top form, beautifully shot, lit and graded too (film not digital) slightly sentimental at times but 8.5/10 from me.

hammerite
    Free Member

Yes he was brilliant and I enjoyed the film. I took Jnr (11) along he managed 90 mins before falling asleep, he loved the first 2 mins showing the battle scene, but struggled with the politics after that.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wanted to see this on opening night, but been indisposed this week. If my fellow Chinstroker noteeth likes it, then that’s a good enough recommendation for me. 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’m in two minds whether to see Lincoln or Hitchcock on Friday. Both will be interesting to me I think. One for the Cinema, one for the LoveFilm list.

tyger
    Free Member

Lincoln – dull film IMO

noteeth
    Free Member

slightly sentimental at times

Yeah, Spielberg did rather labour the point at times – and the film didn’t need it, imo. DL’s performance & the handling of the political horse-trading was sufficient to demonstrate how much was at stake. I’m glad I’d recently brushed up (well, a little bit) on Civil War history, though.

If my fellow Chinstroker noteeth likes it

I didn’t even see it at the Chinstroke Shed… was forced to attend that there new-fangled “de lux”. 😀

IHN

I’d like to see it, no chance the GF will go though…

granny_ring

I nodded off after 20 mins or so, other half nudged me as I’d started to snore.
    Woke and and stayed with it, she nodded off half way through. 🙂

I was expecting to really like this but was too slow and political for me.

Win some lose some.

noteeth
    Free Member

Deadly… you need to go and see this film. And take the little ‘un. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I know, I know! Is it still on gen release anywhere or do I need to wait for the Divvud? 😈

noteeth
    Free Member

The Chinstrokeshed might do a special screening, if attending STWers promised to buy gallons of IPA.

lasty
    Free Member

Got into a scuffle there once – you should have seen the other bloke …

Film is as dull as the city of ….

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Lincoln’ is closed to new replies.