Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Linacre classic conditions
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Fancy a ride tomorrow and this is on the list, any idea what the conditions around here are, If it’s dry it could be a good time to ride it before the undergrowth returns?

Thanks

scandal42
    Free Member

No locals in the house?

simon1975

It’s been a dry week so I reckon it’ll be good. Last rode there 3 weeks ago and it was fab. Rain last Saturday won’t have helped but like I say this week’s been dry…

scandal42
    Free Member

Cheers Simon, might give it a whirl

DeeW
    Free Member

Very dry and fast just up the road on Blacka Moor.

scandal42
    Free Member

Anyone ridden it recently?

I imagine the nettles are out in force by now but I presume it’s riding nice and dry(ish)

jekkyl

I’ve been considering doing this route again soon, now is the best time of the year I reckon. I recently put the gpx up from when I did it last time. here: https://www.justgoride.co.uk/Routes/20877

Pook

I think there was something on keeper of the peak about Linacre last week. I’ll have a look

Yeah here you go

@kofthep link

scandal42
    Free Member

Cheers,

Looking at that same twitter account it looks like some of the bits that make it worth the trip have been flattened and filled in.

Pook

Bugger. I was considering it on Tuesday

jekkyl

It wasn’t particularly technical anyway, it’s more a balls out speed fest than rock strewn.

MartynS

Did a route round there on Saturday.. Think it was the holymoorside route from the vgraphics book.
    Couple of boggy bits round Linacre. One descent was a little stream, and one desent is having the full DCC treatment. It’s really awful work, but it didn’t spoil the ride

As an aside are pdmtb/Kotp aware of this work? It’s a drop down to a stream then back out to a gate near a house.. Can be far more specific if required!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Linacre classic conditions’ is closed to new replies.