Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Limp handshakes
  • giantalkali
    Free Member

Hand offered palm down? Weird, respond with a scissors motion, boom!

jam-bo

Never mind political correctness, you don’t seriously judge people based on grip strength do you?

only average speed matters.

DezB
    Free Member

What has a limp handshake got to do with “grip strength”?? Nothing! Idiot.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Limp handshakes are dreadful. They remind me of Guardian readers and men who lurk on mumsnet.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It really doesn’t matter.

(This may become my standard thread response on here…) 😉

Hand offered palm down? Weird, respond with a scissors motion, boom!

Surely the correct response is to take offered had and kiss the back of it, normally with a muttered “enchante madam”?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Limp handshakes creep me out as much as vice-grip stare-shakes. Try that shit with me and I may just confuse you with two successive sets of peekaboo, possibly with an ass-slap finish before running away.

[video]https://youtu.be/ph4Ez3dx64U[/video]

fasthaggis

What a load of beta over thinkers there are in here

Agreed,a thoughtful kiss works just as well.

johnx2
    Free Member

…dead fish nein danke, I mean eurgh! And yet there’s a cultural aspect – e.g. in Turkey one gets handed many dead fish. How these guys get jobs…

On the other hand (swidt) surfing brings me into the world of the gansta handshake. You may think you’re joking about fist bumps and complex hippity hop variants but these do actually happen.

Furthermore, I am now able to cope with the guys who go in for the shake with the karate chop hand position, where you go in thumb uppermost as though about to start arm-wresting.

This can lead to the hipster back pat, of which no good will come. Try it with me and you risk a big sloppy kiss, and trust me, no one wants that. Especially at work.

TheDTs
    Free Member

OP at wedding.
    HKLP

mos

I purposefully go in weak & slightly palm up, this gives my opposer the idea that the have the power, but the reality of any sub/dom relationship is that it is the sub which holds the power as they allow the other to dominate.

DezB
    Free Member

What about handshaking sitting down. Is that rude? Meeting a few people in my new job, if they come up to my desk I don’t get up. Should I? Seems a bit like making too much of it.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

HKLP I just use a (big) spoon (the type you eat with) covers all occasions

TheDTs
    Free Member

OldmanMTB,
    HoldsSpoonLikeShovel..?

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Limp handshakes’ is closed to new replies.