Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Limited space cardio exercise options, anything better than a magnetic rower?
  • rockhopper70

As a result of a boiler upgrade and move, my cellar now has a reasonably sized void opened up but with limited headroom.
    With a view to utilising the space I was mulling over putting some sort of cardio machine down there.
    A bike, (for bike fit) was the first thought, a spin cycle or similar but headroom is an issue.
    A rower is suitably low but I only have 1.75m length so fan and water ones are too long.
    Magnetic versions appear shorter as the resistance gubbins seem more compact.

Anything else I should look at?

Argos (yes, sorry, I know) have an Opti brand in which would fit. Anyone use these or know if they are any good?

colp

One of those sit down low type exercise bikes you see in gyms?

shermer75
    Free Member

Recumbent on rollers! 😆

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Create a micro brewery/distillery use the profits for gym membership.

evh22
    Free Member

Have you ever rowed indoors before? It’s incredibly boring. You might want to consider your boredom/torture threshold!

The Opti rowers looks pretty cheap and nasty. Decent ergs are very heavy but need to be because you are generating a lot of power. Otherwise they’ll rock around a lot. I think you do pay for what you get, a decent Concept 2 is long and a new one is £800+. I would definitely want to try one out before buying, although distance selling regs might mean you could take it back. You’d work out pretty quickly if it was dreadful. I’ve not been involved with rowing for 15 years now, but i never saw any other make of rower in any boatclubs other than Concept.

You can get ergs for canoeing. At least, I saw one once at the rowing lake. Weird! Wont you be a bit claustrophobic exercising in such a small space?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Limited space cardio exercise options, anything better than a magnetic rower?’ is closed to new replies.