Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Limited budget gaming question… PS3 or Ps4 for GTA type games?
  • womble72
    Free Member

I’m looking at getting a games console for occasional use and love Grand Theft Auto type games. I can just about stretch to a 2nd hand Ps4 but wondered if the PS3 was good enough for gaming on a budget? Not too fussed about online gaming but dvd/music playback would be ideal. Is the PS3 a decent console for someone who’s not fussed about latest specs etc. I see the difference in price between PS3 and 4 is quite a bit.

racefaceec90

the ps3 is still a great console with a great selection of games for it. you can get gta games for it (can get vice city and san andreas with ps download) along with 4 and 5.

also sleeping dogs is another great open world game set in hong kong (no multiplayer though).

it will definitely be cheaper to buy the ps3 and games for it (2nd hand especially) if you are on a budget.

edit i do not own a ps4 i have to say,but i have a ps3 (and xbox one).

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I love the PS3 and still play GTAV, IV on it. Open world games for the PS3 are dirt cheap now.

Music, video/blueray all go thru our PS3. One of my favourite things is to create my own playlists for Wipeout HD and completely chill out after a long day. I wish they’d remade (or at least upscaled) Downhill Domination for the 3 and given it the same custom playlist ability. Bah. As it is I keep a PS2 just for that game 😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Get a PS4 for GTAV I reckon. Online really is brilliant too

mechanicaldope

Had a gta 5 on an xbox 360. Brought it again when I got a ps4 and there is a very noticeable improvement. Not sure about the ps3 version. Depending on how much you value the gta online side of the game (which is where all the focus is now) you may want to think about there being no further updates and development for the last generation of consols now.

Drac

Stretch out a bit and go PS4 it’s stunning on the PS4.

Then sign up to PS+ for some Cunning Stunts.

mechanicaldope

As an addition (I know you said your not fussed on the online side if things), you have to get a online subscription (£40 a year or so) for the xbox and ps4. I understand that online is free for ps3? Online is awesome btw…

mechanicaldope

No cunning stunts on ps3. Is quite fun so far. Some excellent crazy races.

womble72
    Free Member

Good morning Stw. The last time I had a Games console was when the Ps2 first came out, not quite sure how many years ago that was

bomberpork
    Free Member

Is there an emulator for PCs that would allow me to run ps4/5 or xbox one games or should I stick to PCs and get a better graphics card?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Online is free for the PS3. Only recently got into GTAV online and it is a hoot. Annoying at times but a lot of fun.

mechanicaldope

Is there an emulator for PCs that would allow me to run ps4/5 or xbox one games or should I stick to PCs and get a better graphics card?

I think that pc games generally seem to be quite a bit cheaper than the console versions so if I were you u would just invest in a new graphics card and save on the cost of games.

Edit: GTA5 on pc is about £25. On Ps4 about £40.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Limited budget gaming question… PS3 or Ps4 for GTA type games?’ is closed to new replies.