Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Limit cityhopper folding bike
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Going to pop to the shops here in holland later to look at one of these limit cityhopper folding bikes (google it as i cant link it on my phone . 99 euro from 149

Weighty singlespeed and coaster/backpedal brake

Anyone used one or one similar ? – i expect it to be disposable but will it be servicable for a couple months of riding on hollands cyclepath network ?

Will it even unfold and build propper – i saw my share of shite folding bikes being brought in for repair working in lbs some of which wouldnt even secure the folding bits in place and were lethal

I guess a look costs nothing – could be funny. – how many can i get through in my time oer here – unless anyone knows anywhere in den helder to get a used bike….

trail_rat
    Free Member

" class="bbcode-link">http://www.voordeelmuis.nl/img/gif240/791/791317.gif

**** it – cant get it to work

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

trail_rat
    Free Member

well i went to the car shop and had a look

it was actually pretty solid. all the bits that mattered were right.

has a conventional crank and bb arrangement on it , all the folding points seemed solid and had less flex than some of the early dahons i worked on …. its not a mezzo but its not terrible – and frankly for 99 euros ive taken a gamble on it for a couple months riding vs a couple of months not riding !

trail_rat
    Free Member

well its quite the surprise ….

it aint quality engineering but its functional and surprisingly ridable – in my old job i was fortunate enough to be able to ride alot of folders – this pisses all over a bike friday i had the misfortune to ride and its assembled better :d

fyi im sure its the same as the apollos sold in halfords in the uk for 149.99 except with a back pedal brake in place of the rear

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Limit cityhopper folding bike’ is closed to new replies.