Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Limewire – anybody know what’s gone wrong?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

On a Mac running 10.5.6 and recently updated Limewire to version 5 and I’m not the best when it comes to these torrent things anyway.

If I found a torrent when using the last version of Limewire, I downloaded the torrent file, opened Limewire and dragged the file onto the Limewire icon on the Dock and it would start downloading.

Seems since I updated Limewire to version 5, I can’t do this anymore…the torrent file just “jumps” back up into the Finder window. XTorrent seems so slow compared to how things were working with Limewire before. Anybody know what I’m doing wrong?

Jamie
    Free Member

I didn’t know Limewire was a) still going or b) a torrent application. No idea what is up with it, but you might want to try Transmission for your .torrents as an alternative? Personally on the few times i use torrents i use Vuze (formerly Azureus) as it has a larger feature set, but can be daunting for the newcomer.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s still going. And I didn’t know it was a torrent thing either. I just found out by accident once.

I’ll try Transmission and Vuze…thanks for the tip. Are they Mac compatible?

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes mate, on a mac myself.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheers mush.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Limewire – anybody know what’s gone wrong?’ is closed to new replies.