Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Limestone floor tile help
  • Farticus

So far 45sq m of limestone flags have gone down ( all 600mm wide, mix of 700, 750, 800, 900mm and 1m flags each 20mm thick). All nice and level, grouted in and sealed. Down late last year and I’ve now recovered from the cost of doing it to finish the niggly bits.

The flags are laid in nice rows but will reach a set of steps that run at 45 degrees to the flags. Do I just run them to the edge of the step and have 2 tiles with 45 degree and 135 degree angles cut to form the edge? Or do I put a straight edged flag along the step and have the cuts set back from that into the floor? My concern with cuts on the edge of the step is that the sharp angle corner might be exposed (the flags have a tumbled edge).

Hope that description is clear … if not just make up an answer in time honoured tradition.

Thanks

Rockape63
    Free Member

Need a piccy…..sorry!

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d put a straight edge flag and have the angled cut inside. It’ll look better and you won’t have that weak corner.

obadiah
    Free Member

Nickjb’s +1 presume left side flags butt to wall?
    Word to the wise – If you’re finishing with an overhanging edge on the step/cap flag you’ll need to make sure the overlap distance is proportional to flag depth/thickness to avoid creating a weak spot/fulcrum point and good idea to dress the edge and exposed corner too before fixing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Limestone floor tile help’ is closed to new replies.