• This topic has 26 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by goon.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Lime pickle
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

With a curry.

Lovely.

That is all.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tis fantastico indeed…and nigh on impossible to buy in a jar…seems it has to be in a curry house

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Darcy, my local Sainsbury’s has Pataks in a jar. Good stuff.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Stings when rubbed into a ladies genetits apparently

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

genetits = genetalia

Spongebob
    Free Member

Patak’s Lime and Chilli pickle! MMMMMMM

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

genetits

Big LOL…freudian slip

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve tried the stuff from the jar and didn’t get on with it. Maybe it’s psychological…I bet the stuff they serve with the pops in the curry hosue is Pataks from a barrel and tastes better because of where one is eating

nostoc
    Free Member

Have a jar of Pataks in desk drawer here beside me at work for use on Morrisons samosas (alas not many asian shops in this part of the world)

moroccan pickled lemons – that is another fine thing

MrNutt
    Free Member

this is the “alien” option on the poppadom whirlygig is it not? if so you should ALL be ashamed! dirty foot flavoured chutney!

hora
    Free Member

Lime pickle- could eat that neat. Food of gods! Same with English mustard and Wasabi. The nasal rush straight up into the brain. Orgamisic-o!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the “alien” option on the poppadom whirlygig

Genius!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Morrisons sell pataks lime pickle. Lovely stuff

yum!

atlaz
    Free Member

Lime pickle is the only good accompaniment to curry. I can stretch to a lime and chilli chutney or some chilli pickle but that’s about it. God forbid you use mango chutney on a curry, may as well shove a dollop of Robinsons blackcurrant jam on.

grahamb
    Free Member

Lime pickle is great.

The Pataks stuff comes a poor second against Ashoka Rajasthani Sweet Lime Pickle.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Pataks stuff comes a poor second against Ashoka Rajasthani Sweet Lime Pickle.

Cue the “I know a more obscure and expensive brand than you…”. Flash, just tell us which one you buy at Liberty’s food hall and be done with it

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I prefer dessicated coconut.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Lime pickle. MMMMM my mouth is watering.

atlaz
    Free Member

It’s also good if you’re having the salt cravings after a ride. Grab a spoon and the jar while lunch is cooking.

polarisandy
    Free Member

Another vote for lime pickle

What a fantastic addition to a ruby.

want some

colnagokid

My corner shop has a side line as a catering suppliers to the local asian takeaways/local asians, they sell huge big jars of pataks stuff… so it must be ok

simon_g

Jar stuff is lazy 🙂 – my girlfriend makes a big batch every 6 months or so (half of which ends up being given away).

Her recipe is very similar to this one, if my memory is right: http://mydhaba.blogspot.com/2005/12/nimbu-ka-achaar-aka-lime-pickle.html

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well we’re off to Goa on Saturday, I’ll bring some proper lime pickle back!

takisawa2

I had a jar from Birmingham market once. FFFFFFFeck me was it hot.
    Pataks is nice. Not quite hot enough though.
    A curry is just poor without it.

deus

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Garlic pickle is FAR superior, fact.

not seen it in ages though, salivating at the thought

tang
    Free Member

tumeric and ginger are good but a really nice home made mango acha (pickle) is the nuts. my grandfather brings it over from guyana every year. im off to india in 2 weeks and will be bringing 1/2 kg of aunties sun cured mango pickle….mmm 4 weeks of singlespeeding on indian clunkers and good good food. ill do some pics.

goon
    Free Member

Tuna mayo sandwich, with one slice of bread just tickled with some lime pickle. Ooohhh lah lah!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Lime pickle’ is closed to new replies.