Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Limassol, anyone been?
  • djglover
    Free Member

I’m off on business to Limassol for a few days, will have a few spare hours in the afternoons for a good few days.

Anyone been with any recommendations of things to do / see?

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Ive been but theres nowt to see or do in Limassol. Best hire a car and get off into the Trudos mountains or find somewhere with a beach bigger than a towel! (IMO)

geoffj

Sounds like the capital of Elbonia.
    …or a citrus-based poltice to get rid of athletes foot 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

It sounds like a a Chinese man insulting his friends wife, but have you been?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Stayed there 15 years ago. All I can say is hope it’s better now

renton
    Free Member

mate ive been living there for the past 3 years (well just outside really ) and really truly is a shite hole!!!

if you had paid to go on holiday there you’d be well pissed .

i can really recommend getting a hire car and going up the troodos and also down to paphos too.

cheers

steve

TenMen
    Free Member

It’s like all the worst bits of Blackpool, but hot.

There is some fantastic scuba-diving nearby though, especially the wreck of the Zenobia, if you’re into that sort of thing.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

There is a nice beach just down the road (Ladies Mile) with some good, reasonably priced beachfront bars to eat in thats far enough away from the main city not to be tainted by it. Also if you like looking around Roman ruins there is a well preserved ampitheatre (sp.) not to far away at Curium (which also has a nice beach). Limasol itself though is a dive, full of dodgy Russian Mafia owned bars kn which you may pay a suprisingly large amount of money for a cheap drink, ‘Napa-light’ disco bars, some docks and squaddies and slightly better behaved airmen based at the nearby Soverign Base Areas. Troodos Mountain is well worth a visit though you’ll rue not taking a mountain bike as its littered with fantastic trails.

DrJ

Stayed there when leading a geology field-trip – definitely second the idea of driving to Troodos and looking at the ophiolites 🙂

devs
    Free Member

Been pissed there lots of times. Shagged on a pier too cos they wouldn’t let me into her hotel. It’s a scummy dive that doesn’t even look nice but if you know where to go there are some nice eateries and bars (I was the blind following the blind so don’t ask me to remember where they are!) It was a dive before the Russians moved in but its def worse now. As others have said, get a car and go elsewhere, you might not even be safe walking around by yourself if you were to go into the wrong areas.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Limassol, anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.