Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Lily Allen, why won't she give us some peace?
  • flange
    Free Member

Indeed and whilst I picked on you specifically, others on here are equally as guilty.

And let’s not forget oldtalent’s blatant trolling…

I don’t mind Lily Allen, ironically I can’t stand her dad.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You know everything I say is mostly tongue in cheek, or trolling. Right? 😛 My general modus operandi…. is to try and lower myself to the rest of everyone around me – and then take it a step further. I’ve heard every argument under the sun, the only thing that makes things entertaining for me around here is to take things to the absurd.

somafunk

I like her as she’s interesting, very funny and up for a laugh/shenanigans whilst she doesn’t hold back with speaking her mind, compared to the vapid indentikit clones that appear to be feted as the “populist ideal” by the media i’d take Lily and her faults anyday.

Disclaimer : I met her out at a party in Deia a few years ago so my exact recollection is somewhat hazy

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

She is a celebrity with left wing views, therefore the Daily Mail et al see fit to run endless stories on her views. Same with Gary Lineker and numerous others.

Change what you read would be my suggestion.

Ironically, left wing papers like the Guardian rarely feature anything she says.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

enfht – Member
    Lily Allen is the epitome of leftwing stupid.

What does that make the Alt Right of STW then?
    I prefer that people perhaps research a little more but good on her for using her fame for something more than herself.
    If this is a left/right bashing thread then perhaps it’s because the left want to stand up for people where as the the right want to crush them.

papamountain
    Free Member

*Pokes wasp nest with stick and runs*

https://www.theguardian.com/music/lilyallen

Do you not get a sense that the OP only dislikes Lilly Allen because she’s a woman – with shock horror, an opinion?

This is what is wrong with so many people these days.

Bloke expresses an opinion about someone elses opinion – oh, she’s female, he must be a chauvinistic pig.

I agree with the OP, she needs to shut her rattle, but please don’t encourage her to make more music – just shutting up will do. If she had a cock, my opinion would be the same – just for the record, likes!

enfht
    Free Member

Lily Allen and mikewsmith are the epitome of leftwing stupid. 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

enfht – Member
    Lily Allen and mikewsmith are the epitome of leftwing stupid.

Yay, original and witty, Trump must be looking for his missing Tweet writer

batfink
    Free Member

I saw her in concert once (free tickets at a venue round the corner – so we thought we’d go)….. my low expectations were surpassed: she was actually pretty good live.

However, I am completely unaware of any of this political outspoken-ness. Why are we upset about it? Or is it just that people find her a bit annoying? Not sure if serious.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

D’you think it may be possible that she’s a bit of a Dadaist wind-up merchant?

I only mention it because it seems to work on a certain type of male snowflake. Especially around here…

kimbers

I see she must be like some sort of left wing Katie Hopkins or Piers Morgan, shes like cat nip to the righties, sends em into a frenzy!

Must admit I can’t think of a single time I’ve seen or read about her in the last year, until this thread.

Genuinely what has she been up to? Last I saw was her going to Calais and obviously shaming the aforementioned righties on here 😉

jonnyboi

I genuinely didn’t realise I needed Lily Allen to leave me alone. There I’ve been getting all annoyed whenever Bojo or our Nige gets a load of coverage for saying something crass and divisive, when I should have been saving up my ire for….Lily Allen

Thanks for the heads up OP!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Great to see we’ve another thread on here today of men sneering at women.

A kind of companion piece, if you will…

doris5000

Three nights ago – I come in, about half-past eleven at night, we’d been having a couple of drinks I remember – and I come in, I get into bed, you see, feeling quite sleepy, I could feel the lids of me eyes beginning to droop – a bit of the droop in the eyes – I was just about to drop off, when suddenly, ‘tap, tap, tap’ at the bloody window pane – I looked out – you know who it was?

Bloody Lily Allen! Bloody Lily Allen – stark naked save for a shortie nightie. She was hanging on to the window sill, and I could see her knuckles all white … saying STW, STW …’ you know how these bloody lefties go on – I said ‘Get out of it!’ – bloody Lily Allen. She wouldn’t go – she wouldn’t go, I had to smash her down with a broomstick, poke her off the window sill, she fell down on the pavement with a great crash …

She just had a nightie on, is that all?

That’s all she had on, just a …

See-through?

A see-through, shortie nightie. Nothing else – except for her dark glasses of course. Dreadful business. Why won’t she give us some peace?

ransos
    Free Member

I see she must be like some sort of left wing Katie Hopkins or Piers Morgan, shes like cat nip to the righties, sends em into a frenzy!

Previously, I didn’t have an opinion, but the more I read on this thread, the more I like her.

bodgy
    Free Member

just get back to making music and give us all some peace

Is that an oxymoron or just a plain old self-contradiction?

Either way, the last thing she should do for the greater good is release any more songs, Trustafarian little madam that she is.

DezB
    Free Member

I’d rather she spouted leftie stupid stuff than made any more music. found her brand of pop particularly irritating. Although, like her political views, pretty easy to avoid.
    You know, like, in the 70s, 80s an that, we had to watch TOTP and the BBC News (for examples) cos there was no other way to get entertainment or information about the world (I know, slight exaggeration, but comparatively speaking) .. but now, now there are so so many other screen we can stare at! So all those idiots, like Boney M, we had to watch, transfixed at their crapness, back then, we can avoid now! Without even trying really. Lily Allen’s gobbing off on me tellybox, ah ok, *mute* I’ll look at what singletrackworld has to say about the latest dropper stem from RaceRam.

kelvin

I wonder if the OP also gets annoyed when journalists choose to ask Charlotte Church questions unrelated to key changes and harmonising…

Gunz
    Free Member

I used to get quite annoyed by the ubiquity of football in our society but have since found that it’s quite easy to avoid most of it.

binners

She’s great live! Very engaging. Really witty, funny and quite charming between tracks. We went to see her a few years back and all (including the laydeez) came back just a little bit in love with her.

Would it be fair to summarise a lot of this threads contributor’s opinions thus…..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w[/video]

kerley
    Free Member

I find her fine. Good to have opinions and good to see she cares and is using her ability to get heard.

If she winds up the right wingers then all the better.

DezB
    Free Member

binners –

She’s great live!

This is something which I’ll be eternally taking your word for.

enfht
    Free Member

Great to see we’ve another thread on here today of men sneering at women.

A kind of companion piece, if you will…

Extra points for the dot dot dot. A good point, well made.

Hey guys, check your privilege!

Smash the Patriarchy!

Edukator
    Free Member

After 5 minutes with Google (well Quant actually), I’ve gone from indifferent to fan. Thanks for the heads up.

doris5000

Is that an oxymoron or just a plain old self-contradiction?

Either way, the last thing she should do for the greater good is release any more songs, Trustafarian little madam that she is.

yeah, down with self-contradictions! And Lily Allen should stop making her own money, the big trustafarian!!

epicyclo

She’s got opinions, has the guts to express them, and means well.

What’s wrong with that?

Sounds like a good character to me.

chrismac

I didnt know she had said or done any of these things. One of the advantages of not being a twatter / instagram user is that you are spared all this so called celebrity drivel

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

What if she’s just controlled opposition?

Appears to stir up establishment and ask tricky questions, but really just provides distraction to divert attention from avenues that truly need exploring…

eb2429
    Free Member

^^ I like that idea.

Lots of posts on me being right wing Mail reading chauvinist, but none of those are true, also not entirely sure what a snowflake is if im honest.

Male, female, left or right, have no time for celebs preaching after enlightenment or saying sorry on my behalf. Or spouting shite from the right like Katie Hopkins. Nothing more complicated than a rant about someone that got up my nose, but please carry on, didn’t mean to interrupt. 😀

martinhutch

Appears to stir up establishment and ask tricky questions, but really just provides distraction to divert attention from avenues that truly need exploring…

Just like your good self, then?

😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Attention junkie in attention seeking shocker

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh the irony.

ctk
    Free Member

I struggle to see how she can be great live- unless she’s doing someone else’s songs?

kerley
    Free Member

I struggle to see how she can be great live- unless she’s doing someone else’s songs?

Because a live show is not just about the music, it is the presence of the performers, rapport, how they get audience going etc,.

wilburt
    Free Member

How have I missed her saying anything?

funkmasterp

I’m going to read up on her and give one of her albums a spin, in the interest of giving her a fair chance. I think I dislike her purely because of her father and that doesn’t seem justified. Maybe I can stop confusing her with Kate Nash too.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Just like your good self, then?

That’d be down to perspective no doubt… if distracting from the latest BB standard or celebrity haircut etc are the pressing issues of the day, then colour me guilty.

Be interested in Lily Allen’s thoughts on Boost 148 mind; if you ask me, it’s a travesty when the existing 150/157 standards provide a stronger wheel and are readily available.

Not to mention the whole business of paymaster general in the Al-Yamamah deal and secret courts.

Perhaps Jeremy Heywood could provide some answers.

Over to you Lily…

rudebwoy
    Free Member

charlotte church and lily allen , both feminist , both annoy the establishment , both seem pretty caring humans with a consciousness that seems to irk right wing types , all good in my book , who would you rather have in a lifeboat

CountZero

charlotte church and lily allen , both feminist , both annoy the establishment , both seem pretty caring humans with a consciousness that seems to irk right wing types , all good in my book , who would you rather have in a lifeboat

Ms Church, she’s a far, far better singer than Lily Allen can ever hope to be. I just wish she’d get round to recording an album in her current style, the EP’s she’s done are excellent.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Lily Allen, why won't she give us some peace?’ is closed to new replies.