Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Lily Allen, why won't she give us some peace?
  • eb2429
    Free Member

She made some music that wasn’t my cup of tea but thats ok, but in the last 12 months i guess, the only times i have heard from here is when she is spouting shite or shouting spite.

Lily apologises on behalf of England whilst visiting Calais (Even though France it appears are not doing enough for unfortunate individuals that are in their country and clearly need help)

Lily accuses Government and media of down playing the figure, she was hearing of 150 people killed and it was a conspiracy in the horrendous Grenfell fire (The death toll possibly less than 80 due to some possible fraudulent claims of missing individuals and revisions of who was in the flats at the time).

Lily declines to accept a “Hero of the year” Diversity in Media award a couple of days ago, and says amongst other things in her speech referring to comments by the L’oreal model who was sacked “refusal to confront our white privilege and the guilt and shame that comes with that is a global cancer.”

I do wish she would just get back to making music and give us all some peace

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mebbies she’s just got something to say, mebbies.

jekkyl

she smokes too much and thinks too much and thinks that she’s got something worth hearing. She’s wrong.

km79
    Free Member

She made some music that wasn’t my cup of tea but thats ok, but in the last 12 months i guess, the only times i have heard from here is when she is spouting shite or shouting spite.

I can’t recall a single occasion from the last 12 months where I’ve heard or read anything she has said.

Do you deliberately look up her views or something?

eddie11
    Free Member

You doth protest too much. I’ve not heard about her in years.

Drac

I’ve absolutely no idea what she has supposedly said in the last few years.

cranberry
    Free Member

Mebbies she’s just got something to say, mebbies.

She does and it is all shite.

Pook

This is the first I’ve heard about her since Calais, which was what? Two years ago?

Poopscoop

Young, naive and trying to “change the world”.

I can’t see the harm to be honest. Commendable if honest.

ransos
    Free Member

I haven’t found it at all difficult to avoid her views.

Jamie
    Free Member

Plot twist, OP follows her on Twitter.

But in a seriously non-hipster way, I have no idea what she’s been up to recently.

eb2429
    Free Member

lol 😀

She is on the box in the corner that you sofa faces.

C4 news, BBC News, Digital Spy

Drac

Is she Spock?

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve not heard anything about her for a while but I do remember her getting some slagging off in the Sun and the Mail so I reckon her heart must be in the right place.

dannyh
    Free Member

I haven’t heard a peep from her in years. Is she still fit?

Jamie
    Free Member

Actually. The more I think about it, I reckon the OP is a PR bod for Miss Allen. Using the ol’ reverse psychology to raise his clients profile among her target demo of middle aged IT managers.

Cunning.

CountZero

You doth protest too much. I’ve not heard about her in years.

While I have no reason to go looking for anything she has to say, there have been a number of occasions when there have been news items about her latest outburst.
    Which has led me to think she really ought to indulge in some proper research before opening her gob.
    She speaks from a position of some privilege, but that doesn’t gift her the right to just say anything off the top of her head with little regard to actual facts; her Grenfell Tower comments were truly misguided.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m telling her Dad you said that.

Hope you can run.

johnners
    Free Member

I’m telling her Dad you said that.

I’ve heard some disturbing things about his behaviour at parties. Just don’t leave your drink unattended would be my advice.

funkmasterp

She’s like a slightly less irritating version of her dad. I remember watching something years ago where he was interviewing that BNP guy. His name escapes me, but he looked like a pillow with a face drawn on it that had somehow become (slightly) sentient. I actually began to feel sorry for pillow face as Lily Allen’s dad was that much of a ****.

I would imagine that the offspring of a man who can make me feel sorry for a right wing bed accessory would be equally as annoying

PJM1974
    Free Member

Can’t say that I care for her music, but I for one am grateful for her being outspoken about certain issues.

There are other outspoken celebrities across the political spectrum. I understand that Phil Collins was all over the news recently when he published his autobiography if that’s your thing.

Cougar

You’re complaining that she’s getting too much attention by creating a thread to give her some attention?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Who is she?

funkmasterp

She’s that pop singer who I always think is Kate Nash.

Cougar

Who’s Kate Nash?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Easy she sang withering heights – could be wrong though

rmacattack
    Free Member

Too many chemicals and a snowflake.

eb2429
    Free Member

You’re complaining that she’s getting too much attention by creating a thread to give her some attention?

Good point, but Lots of things we could apologise about in the past or present, just not sure Lily Allen is the one to do it for me (as i am both from this island and happen to be white). The almost incitement to riot comments about Grenfell were in my view wrong as Countzero said, the rest were just bizarre.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

“Oh deary me….”

Kryton57

I follow her on Twitter.

Ill post a link to this thread, itll be interesting to see what she says.

rob2
    Free Member

I like Kate Nash too 🙂

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Is it too late for her to join the #27 club?

eb2429
    Free Member

“Oh deary me….”

What does that mean?
    I am 2nd generation immigrant from a northern European country if that helps, But the fact is someone is apologising for me for some reason again it seems.

@Kypton, Are you really going to run along and say “someone said something about you on a forum you have no interest in” can i have a thumbs up like,or is that facebook? 🙂

While she won’t agree with my opinion of getting back to music she has in the recent past said those things…

jekkyl

You would? @ 3 people… I always thought her hair looked kinda greasey, maybe she works in a chip shop.

Kryton57

@Kypton, Are you really going to run along and say “someone said something about

No, I’ve got an intetnetz for that.

enfht
    Free Member

Lily Allen is the epitome of leftwing stupid.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Lily Allen is the epitome of leftwing stupid.

That’s the only sort of leftwing isn’t it?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Young, naive and trying to “change the world”.

I can’t see the harm to be honest. Commendable if honest.

This.

Having an opinion only makes her more attractive – even if she is wrong sometimes.

I can’t or at least could never (as I am now married) bring myself to bang dumb birds who can only talk about The Only Way is Exxex or babies.

flange
    Free Member

Banging birds?? what a geezer! You’re a man’s man and no mistaking…

Stick your knickers on luv and make me a cuppa…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

😀

I’m trying to be down with the OP so that I can change his opinion.

Do you not get a sense that the OP only dislikes Lilly Allen because she’s a woman – with shock horror, an opinion?

Loads of **** have opinions (me included)? Have you seen this place? Lilly is as entitled to anyone else, unlike the OP she was clever enough and has the connections to get to a place where she can make headlines with them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Lily Allen, why won't she give us some peace?’ is closed to new replies.