Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Lily Allen is in the news today
  • torsoinalake
    Free Member

Lily, and the Keane cover

And we enter the 7th circle of hell.

DezB
    Free Member

I quite like Lily, and the Keane cover that is out at the moment is fantastic

Woo, that sounds good. Must check it out 😆 😉

JAG

I like Lilly Allen

I like the Keane song

I like ‘it’s hard out here’ and it looks like it makes an interesting point about the music industry.

Whether it is really like that I have no idea – it could just be clever marketing 😯

vickypea
    Free Member

I agree with jekkyl

Also, I don’t dislike Lily Allen but I do hate the way she always sings like she can’t be bothered to put any effort in. No doubt that’s the intent, but I like a bit of feeling in my music.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Tbh I quite like the fact she wrote this as the message will be heard by its target audience, teenagers.

drlex
    Free Member

It’s a lot easier if your dad is well-connected in the media industry. I wonder just how successful she’d be if she weren’t Keith Allen’s daughter?

I mean, let’s face it; she’s mediocre at best, and her work is nothing more than an auto-tuned turd rolled in glitter.

And this sentiment squared when it comes to the acting chops of her brother, Alfie.

lilchris
    Free Member

It’s a lot easier if your dad is well-connected in the media industry. I wonder just how successful she’d be if she weren’t Keith Allen’s daughter?

I mean, let’s face it; she’s mediocre at best, and her work is nothing more than an auto-tuned turd rolled in glitter.

And this sentiment squared when it comes to the acting chops of her brother, Alfie. WOT? Were did Daddy Keith’s talent go in it journey down the gene pool then? 🙄

Losidan
    Free Member

I find her very easy on the eye too. Again I dont know why, she does seems to tick some boxes I didnt realise I had.

warton
    Free Member

while we’re on Miley Cyrus,

check out the roots and her do a version of one of her songs on youtube. I love it. I’m at work so I can’t link, but check it out….

warton
    Free Member

Just watched the lily allen vid. the song is shite, the lyrics contrived beyond belief, the video is bland nonsense…

going back to Miley and the roots…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEpYg4u2Ecs[/video]

oldgit
    Free Member

Blimey she’s all over the news this morning, the Beeb seem to love her.
    Haven’t a clue what the hype is all about, but something to do with the image of women?
    Couldn’t help notice all the images of her are heavily air brushed, and I think I heard someone say she has an album out?

The cynic in me says she’s just after cash.

Oh and she’s bleating on about intrusion by the media. I’d have said just shut the **** up, because until now I’d forgotten all about you.

grum
    Free Member

On R4 last night someone was saying it’s racist – why are all the white people in the video clothed and all the black people semi-naked? Also that she says ‘I don’t need to shake my arse cos I’ve got a brain’, implying that all the (black) dancers are thick.

Either way it’s a terrible song.

Marin
    Free Member

Well after watching the links of Miley on this thread I’m a fan.
    Lily is O.K. radio pop. Gaga is terrible but a wonderful self promoter.

cynic-al
    Free Member

jamj1974 – Member
    Mr Woppit – Member
    Given the remarks on here expressing dissatisfaction with her looks from male contributors, I’d say the message of her latest song and video were bang on.
    Some people need to drop their little toys and grow up.

+1: a scary lesson in the lack of self awareness & “missing the point” amongst forum members.

Shame.

aracer
    Free Member

Well after watching the links of Miley on this thread I’m a fan.

+lots – that Jolene cover is awesome – it seems somewhat bizarre to compare her with somebody who isn’t really that good at singing.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Lily Allen is in the news today’ is closed to new replies.