Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • likley postage costs of wheels ?
  • iainc

needing a clearout, but suspect wheels are expensive to post ? any rough guide for a single wheel, and is R Mail or courier cheapest ?

Thanks

iainc

anyone ?

mattythemod
    Free Member

Sent some today using parcelnet.com and it was £15.84 including insurance .

househusband

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-uk-courier-to-send-some-forks

Similar thing (okay forks not wheels!) asked the other day – worth getting some quotes from some of the links in the above?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sent a wheel set last year via the post office and it was around £12.

iainc

thanks all, looks like £12 – £15 ballpark. Think I will try sell locally !

jimc101
    Free Member

Since Standard Parcel has disappeared (used to be about £6), the Post Office only offer ParcelForce services, the cheapest coming in around £12-13, would now look at one of the may other courier services available.

GolfChick
    Free Member

used parcel monkey a few times and no issues whatsoever. recently sent some wheels to justridingalong and I shant even say how much it cost to send them!!! Having said that, it was because I covered them for their full value!

djflexure

13 pound RM for a pair today

stavromuller
    Free Member

I always use myHermes for UK parcels, cheapest going and not let me down yet after hundreds of parcels, just sent a 5kg parcel (insured for £100) for £9.70

vinylspin
    Free Member

I have used Parcel2Go a few times, approx £10 depending on the actual value.

Gee76
    Free Member

Myhermes here too. Local out of hrs drop off is good, hope wheel box is accepted on their network, insurance to £250 is £2.50 (£1.20 upto £100) iirc on top of £3.90 for a 2kg parcel.

richmtb

Iain, I sent my Blur frame using Parcel Force 24 for £14 based on my guess of 7kg

Single wheel plus box and packaging won’t be more than 4kg so call it £10

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘likley postage costs of wheels ?’ is closed to new replies.