Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Like Hebtroco, but not Hebtroco
  • franksinatra

If a gentleman wants to buy a smart pair of hard wearing moleskin type trousers but doesn’t want to spend £110, where would be look online?

wiggles
    Free Member

Primark

scruff9252

M&S?

mickmcd
    Free Member

why not tell em if they send you some for free you will use your social media to review their product

win win

Harry_the_Spider

As the owner of a couple of pairs of Hebtroco moleskins I would say that you get what you pay for. Both pairs still look brand new despite almost 2 years of wear. Similarly aged and abused Levis, that cost about £70 IIRC, have started to wear out.

Please don’t turn this into another Hebtroco slagging thread. If you don’t like them, don’t buy them.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Please don’t turn this into a Levis slagging thread.

franksinatra

I am leaning towards buying some heb trousers so not planning to slag them. Just interested in possible alternatives

ajantom

No idea on quality though….
    Samuel Windsor Moleskin trousers
    Came across them when I was browsing for work trousers the other day.

househusband

https://www.old-town.co.uk/

Not an owner myself but I’ve been looking at getting a jacket and trousers from them for several years now. Simple, unfussy clothing – timeless… or old fashioned in some eyes!

CraigW
    Free Member

Spencers Trousers could be worth a look. Though their website isn’t working just now. http://www.spencers-trousers.com/

HughStew

No idea on the quality of Samuel Windsor trousers, but their shoes are terrible, badly made, colour nothing like on the website and started to fall apart after a few wears. The only positive they were so cheap I didn’t really mind throwing them away.

ransos
    Free Member

https://www.thelastfactoryltd.co.uk

These are made in Hebden Bridge.

nigew
    Free Member

Spencers Trousers could be worth a look but their website isn’t working just now

We are in the process of an upgrade to our website and should be back on Monday. Our made to measure price is £135 but we do have a few ready mades for £75 across popular sizes in several colours if you would like to get in touch.

leffeboy

These are made in Hebden Bridge.

unlike other trousers? 🙂

I’d love some but the international postage is a bit steep 🙁

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Househusband, the OldTown stuff is lovely, been eyeing them up for a couple of years too.
    Hawkwood Mercantile has a few nice trouser patterns, plus you get to choose the fabric.
    Carrier Company are worth a look too. Bit Monty-Don, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

wiggles
    Free Member

Do people seriously “eye up” a pair of trousers for years without buying them?

Coming from someone with “are they clean?” as my guide for what to wear

BillMC

Hoggs of Fife

slowoldman

Please don’t turn this into a Levis slagging thread.

Well he does have a point. I still buy them (discounted on-line) but I expect the arse to fall out after a couple of years.

FuzzyWuzzy

Hah, I was thinking exactly the same thing but then I remembered this was STW

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Hoggs of Fife

Never bought trousers off them, but shirts and shoes have been excellent value.
    Fife Country linky

ton

I use this place. proper good quality stuff.

https://www.peterchristian.co.uk/trousers/moleskin-trousers

fatmax

I’m assuming that ‘The Last Factory’ is the place that Brant and Ed used at the start of HebTroCo?

househusband

You’ll be telling me next you’ve never eyed up a bicycle next… or a girl/boy*.

* Delete as appropriate.

wiggles
    Free Member

I dont really see them as the same category…

A 6k yeti is out of my reach but is nice to look at the latest stuff, in the same way I will never get Scarlet johhanson but I can look…

But are there really trousers so special and unobtainable that you just admire them from afar?

I`m not saying people dont/cant just seems very different to way I choose clothes… (“oh crap I ripped my trousers better get some new ones” usually)

funkmasterp

Househusband, the OldTown stuff is lovely

They all look a bit prisoner outfit to me. All the models look really scared too.

wors

I’d like some moto boots but can’t afford £250 on some, any alternatives?

satchm00
    Free Member

Santa gave me some vouchers so didn’t quite cost as much.

Pretty pleased to be honest I struggle trousers wise being 6ft 5 and these moleskins are great for the winter.

As for where else to shop, no idea but maybe next year Santa will bring you some vouchers! 🙂

franksinatra

So I took the plunge and got some HebCoTro moleskins.  Very happy with the quality, fit and service.

The only problem is going for a piss.  I had a cheeky wee in the bushes when walking the dog at lunchtime and had to button up quickly when another walker appeared.  The button fly takes some serious fingering to get done up.

maccruiskeen

‘All I wanted was some trousers. Now I have to sign the sex offenders register’

grum
    Free Member

Is that the Old Town just above Hebden Bridge? 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Frank – thats great. Thanks for trying us and delighted you got the right size so quick. Sometimes it’s like trouser tennis getting people in the right fit.

The fabric is tough, the buttons solid, and things will take a while to wear in. That means it takes longer for things to wear out.

Cheers

tomhoward

“Sometimes it’s like trouser tennis”

Come again?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Like Hebtroco, but not Hebtroco’ is closed to new replies.