• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Like father like son
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

during our weekly skype to my parents (we’re ex-pats) my wife brought up my summer CRC shopping list, expecting my folks to agree with her “waste of luggage allowance”, “how many bike bits / bikes does someone need” etc.

My Dad (65 next month) disappeared for a few minutes and then wheeled his newest bike in from the garage. He then had to explain to my OH how the mountain bike was for mountain biking, the bike he bought last summer was “too roady” but would be great for LeJoG this summer and that he wanted something for tow paths.

Guess I know where I get it from!

globalti
    Free Member

Spot on; my son is 43 years younger than me but he is well into the cyclist’s way of constantly plotting and scheming to get new bikes, new bike bits, upgrades, free time for rides and all the rest.

The trouble is that his physical condition is on an upward curve while mine is downward; his 15 y.o. body is flooded with testosterone while my level has plummeted. It’s only a matter of time before he can beat me on the bike and last night I got a preview: he’s feeling strong after 6 days on D of E carrying a heavy rucsac so he came with me and my buddy on our weekly hooligan ride. For the last mile we usually sprint home so for the first half mile there I was working flat out on the front when suddenly my buddy shot past with Junior hot on his wheel. I’m ashamed to admit that I couldn’t stay with them and I got dropped. Next week he can do some work.

hora
    Free Member

hora junior

PiknMix
    Free Member

Hora, 6th bike already?

hora
    Free Member

Still on his third……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Like father like son’ is closed to new replies.