Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Like driving fast? Join a MR team
  • aracer
    Free Member
    boxelder

In a loaded up Land Rover……….?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Spies don’t seem to have much regard for the law or justice as is…

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5152/met-s-paedophile-unit-seizes-video-of-ex-minister-at-sex-party

maccruiskeen

Not sure if intelligence work is as daring-do as it used to be but I remember seeing an interview with one of the guys that used to develop secret munitions in WWII – the sort of people who developed exploding camel shit and that kind of thing. He had to travel with plans and prototypes and therefore he was required to always carry a gun and if he was stopped by the police for any reason, even something routine his orders were not to answer any questions or allow any inspection but instead to just shoot the policeman

So this new legislation make for an interesting game of call my bluff when any speeding motorists get pulled over.

“In a hurry to get somewhere are we sir?”
    “If I told you I’d have to kill you officer”

davetrave
    Free Member

In a loaded up Land Rover……….?

Even travelling at the speed limit’s difficult enough in a Landy with 8 people in it and top heavy with all the kit on the roof rack, nevermind being exempt…

Although the thing that’d possibly be of use would having poeple get out of the way and being able to go through red lights. But even then, TBH not sure there’s ever been a shout I went on where being able to save a few seconds going through red lights would’ve made that big a difference. And take in to account most team members have to get from work/home to the team base first as well – will the exemption cover that, doubt it!

MR’s a bit more of a slow burn thing than Fire & Rescue or NHS Emergency Ambulance.

martinhutch

They should be allowed sirens and flashing lights on their backpacks to scatter the walkers on the path up Snowdon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Like driving fast? Join a MR team’ is closed to new replies.