Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Like Cat repellent – but for dogs – anyone know of any?
  • cb

Having just washed the latest dog turd from my drive, I am now fed up. What can I use to keep mutts off my drive and lawn? Three times in the last month. Its not fun when you’ve got young kids trying to play…

I don’t want a bigger dog than any other in the neighbourhood, so that’s ruled out. Just something easy and cheap. I don’t want to harm the dogs (the owners are another matter) but will anything deter them.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Not really much you can do against inconsiderate owners unless you catch them in the act. Washing the drive down with bleach may help – the scent of previous pooping may act as an attraction/sign that it’s a toileting area.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

The bleach things a good idea dogs usually scent mark over other scents. So once ones done it they’ll all want to mark that patch.
    Any chemically smell should work. Failing that ultra sonic sound thingys will put them off coming near your house.
    None of the above should harm a dog at all.

labsey
    Free Member

Buy a bear. The kids will love it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A fence? Try a sign asking people to keep their dogs out. As with all of these things the dog is doing what a dog does. Their owners are the problem.

samuri
    Free Member

Confronting the owners works wonders if you can catch ’em at it.
    One dog was crapping on our drive for months. One day I caught it. The owner was old Jim who my wife thinks is great.

I shot out there and had a go at him. Not happened since. Of course, my wife was pissed off with me for ages.

Funny isn’t it? As you get older making sure dogs don’t crap on your drive is more important than getting sex.

bigyinn
    Free Member

What’s sex again?

tomhoward

pingu66
    Free Member

Scent marking would be urine not crap.

Find which dog it is, don’t confront the owner when its dogs crapping but take it round in a bag and just hand it over politely pointing out that you are pretty sure it belongs to them and they appear to have left it on your drive.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Get a cat.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Like Cat repellent – but for dogs – anyone know of any?’ is closed to new replies.