Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 144 total)
  • Like Burgers? Like Toast?
  • scaredypants

poor, poor bearnecessities

🙁

I’m off for a Kentucky – it’s what he would’ve wanted

bearnecessities

Did it actually taste like a burger?

Honestly, it tasted like something that wasn’t intended for human consumption. It tasted exactly how it looked.

Something very bad is happening in my tummy this morning.

martinhutch

Something very bad is happening in my tummy this morning.

Keep the can handy. You may be able to recycle with no discernable difference. 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Wondering how the OP is feeling now…

nickc

What part did he fail to follow the instructions? Spread cheese, toast all if which were done

The fact that other things were added just makes it what I imagine subway to be like

Bear, can I have your bike when if you die

ninfan
    Free Member

What part did he fail to follow the instructions?

By not putting it on toast.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

what I imagine subway to be like

Delicious?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Bear, can I have your bike when if you die

I doubt all the preservatives in the world could stop that being a when

bearnecessities

The baguette was grilled and crispy, therefore making it bread in a state of being toasted. Let it go.

Feel free to compare with a slice of warburtons though please and post pictures 🙂

Thanks for concerns – I did feel quite squiffy this morning, but it’s, er, ‘passed’.

What utterly awful shit though; there’s plenty of lips ‘n’ bums junk out there but at least they have the good grace to be adorned with spices etc to mask the truth – that was just awful, lumpy, mechanically separated crap. Oddly enough, I was unable to find any mention of it on the Internet, which makes me a bit 😯

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

One for the Brexiters…

bearnecessities

Oh Christ, no.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

*assumes product was bought, and new thread is incoming*

Although, I am going to guess it looks exactly the same as the hamburger toast.

khani
    Free Member

That’ll be miles better, just a bit of tomato/cheese slurry that’ll toast up a treat, no added dog food…
    Do it proper with Warbies this time, 😉
    #prayforBear..

bearnecessities

Not a chance; someone else can volunteer to experience the pleasure!

tomhoward

I’ll do it. Though can’t get to an asda before Tuesday, so it will have to wait until then.

Burger pizza on toast anyone?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member
    I’ll do it. Though can’t get to an asda before Tuesday, so it will have to wait until then.
    Burger pizza on toast anyone?

Tuesday? That gives you time to do it in a genuinely STW manner by buying a mobile pizza oven (if you don’t already own one, which you should, obviously) and making burger toast on pizza toast pizza…

tomhoward

Pfft, if it’s one thing I do very well, it’s shit food.

There will be no pizza oven used. Simply a grill.
    The will be no granary subs, only sliced white warbies
    Salad? Roflcopters…

I shall follow the instructions to the letter.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I shall follow the instructions to the letter.

May I suggest several alcoholic beverages be consumed beforehand?

bearnecessities

Good man, Tom!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Way to take one for the team.

tomhoward

Bear, what drop should one accompany this feast with?

A nice Malbec? A crisp Sauvignon blanc? Disc brake cleaner?

bearnecessities

I found a mid-range Merlot did nothing to set off the burger toast flavours, but made me pissed enough to actually eat it.

So anything that clouds your judgement.

dudeofdoom

fill ’em up

What’s that all about 🙂

dudeofdoom

Arse was in Asders this morning buying the mini Olympic doughnuts for work……forgot all about this new found wonder food,

khani
    Free Member

There will be no pizza oven used. Simply a grill.
    The will be no granary subs, only sliced white warbies
    Salad? Roflcopters

thats so moving.. [sniff]

beej

White Lightning or Fosters.

coconut
    Free Member

Special Brew or Buckfast.. 🙂

tomhoward

Right, seems I’ve been able to find myself in an Asda. this is the result.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/J2io58]What could go wrong?[/url] by tom howard, on Flickr

No fancy bread, no salad. As instructed. This is my tea for the evening.

Also, against recommendation, I will be sober. I don’t need booze to make bad decisions for the entertainment of others.

To follow on from Bears post, here’s the ingredients list of Pizza Toast

[url=https://flic.kr/p/J2iotK]What could go wrong?[/url] by tom howard, on Flickr

One notes the addition of ‘mechanically separated chicken’ over the Burger Toast. If there’s one way I like my chicken, its having it torn apart by machines.

More to follow

beej

Chicken on a pizza is always wrong. Why did they have to ruin it with that one ingredient? I bet it would be amazing without the chicken.

beej

Double post

headfirst
    Free Member

Why do they have to mechanically separate the chickens? Are they particularly vicious and only a machine can get involved in a cock fight and live to tell the tale??

Good luck young man, I salute your bravery and gung-ho spirit!

khani
    Free Member

Chicken??? what sort of sick **** thought of that?
    #ballstoBear
    #prayforTom

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Chicken? I was praying it was just going to be some cheese and tomato based awfulness, but mechanically seperated chicken? Pork Rind? …..least the main ingredient seems to be water.

#Pray4Tom

bearnecessities

Ace!!

Mechanically separated chicken; you lucky bastard.

#ballstoBear indeed 😀

Go Tom!

tomhoward

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JwXkMu]What could go wrong?[/url] by tom howard, on Flickr

The brown one is the burger, slightly more red brown one is the pizza. burger smells of nothing, pizza smells a little of tomato (ketchup)

Hot toast, check.
    Spread on, check.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/JULs2u]What could go wrong?[/url] by tom howard, on Flickr

Add cheese, check.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JXLBbn]What could go wrong?[/url] by tom howard, on Flickr

Grill.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JQVrJr]What could go wrong?[/url] by tom howard, on Flickr

Enjoy.

I started with the burger, to be honest the first thing I experienced was burning. Freshly grilled cheese slices are bloody hot… but I soldiered through. The next few bites were a little underwhelming to be honest, tastes like poor quality potted beef, a sort of underlying meaty, savoury (bordering on salty) taste. but no resemblance to a burger. 4/10.

Bear, I suspect that you may have sloshed a whole tin on yours? Not sure I’d fancy that as like you say, the texture is very much ‘puree of cat food’ which may dampen the gastronomic experience.

So, on to the new guy, pizza toast. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, and will probably finish off the tin (probably not buy it again, mind) it’s really not far off the case of the base sauce you get on cheaper frozen pizzas. couldn’t taste the mechanically separated chicken though 🙁 was looking forward to that, maybe they missed my tin… 6.5/10

Now, i know what you are thinking. ‘What does it taste like when you put the other halves of each slice together?’

Well, STW’ers, I have an answer for you!

It tastes like the above descriptions smashed together, no synergies, no 2+2=5, the result is the exact sum of its parts, resulting in this

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JXLuR8]What could go wrong?[/url] by tom howard, on Flickr

A special mention should also do to my good lady who, despite being told that she did not have to follow me in my poor diet choices, she stuck by my side and eaten everything I have.

So far bowels are fine, but I’m not too worried.

dudeofdoom

Err…. Beef,chicken an pork is there an animal they haven’t managed to stuff in that can.,,

Bet it’s some weird beef leftover as well 🙁

tomhoward

Err…. Beef,chicken an pork is there an animal they haven’t managed to stuff in that can.,,

Meat feast, innit.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Also, against recommendation, I will be sober. I don’t need booze to make bad decisions for the entertainment of others.

WE need you to be drunk. It eases our conscience. Crikey I need to be a little drunk just to read this thread.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

who, despite being told that she did not have to follow me in my poor diet choices, she stuck by my side and eaten everything I have.

On the up side at least you’ll both be sterile so it’ll save the recrimination

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Like Burgers? Like Toast?’ is closed to new replies.