Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Like an SDG bell-air, but lighter?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

To offset my reverb, is there something inbetween a 275g bel-air and a 100g roadie saddle?

mstrb
    Free Member

Fizik Gobi XM Kium. 230g

honourablegeorge

+1 for the Gobi, but apparently they’re not for everyone

messiah
    Free Member

I liked the two Gobi’s I’ve had but both broke – one snapped in the middle and the other snapped at the wingflex bits.

I like the shape of my Bel-Air… but it’s not light considering it has Ti rails.

Sorry… no other suggestions from me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yea thats the problem, I took off the original BG Enduro saddle as it weighed ~250g but was uncomfortable (for me) and put on the Ti bel-air and found it actualy added weight!

It’s a shame the reverb etc dont come with I-beam, would probably counteract any weigh gain of the post for most people.

Anyone tried the SDG Ti-fly C? Or even just the Ti-Fly?

rkk01
    Free Member

Go for an SDG Bel-Air then, but in the I-Beam format….

chakaping
    Free Member

I have a Gobi on one bike, Bel Air Ti on another and Ti Fly on another.

I like the gobi and bel air, but they are quite different so try before you buy.

I have put the Ti Fly on my DH bike so that I don’t have to sit on it very often – that’s how comfy I find it.

kimbers

Go for an SDG Bel-Air then, but in the I-Beam format….

only gravity dropper do an ibeam mount

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ohh, and while we’re here, SDG can we have a return to more wacky fabric?

My Mk1 bel-air with faux crushed velvet sides is starting to wear out!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

damit, just bought a reverb

specializedneeds

The TI FLY only looks as well padded as my I-Beam Bel Air anyway. I found I soon toughened up, even on my hardtail. Have had them on both bikes for a couple of years now: happy.

sambob
    Free Member

Charge Spoon is fairly similar.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

ti charge spoon

RealMan
    Free Member

You actually going to notice 50g or so off the saddle of a non race bike?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I can happily ride a SDG belair on a longish ride without padded shorts. Have them on all my bikes.
    1. I tried a Charge Spoon and hated it instantly, didn’t feel comfortable immediately, caught me shorts on the back of the saddle when doing some Gnarr tech and had a moment. Sold it pretty much within a few rides on the grounds I fitted SDG saddles immediately, no requirement to break saddle/my arse in, but not the case with Charge Spoon.
    2. Bought a SDG Ti Fly reasonably cheap off here to try out, cycled to work on it and pretty much immediately realised it was like the Charge Spoon, a pain in the arse, literally.

Anyway, I’ve settled on SDG Ti Belair, they weigh 268gms. I’d rather have a comfortable arse, even without padded shorts and save the 100gms elsewhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Like an SDG bell-air, but lighter?’ is closed to new replies.