Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Like a Warbird but not a Warbird
  • northernatheart
    Free Member

So I quite fancy a Salsa Warbird, covers everything I want in terms of road use, long distance rides and a bit of off road. Seeming hard to get hold of the Warbird, is there anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

There’s warbirds for £700 off if you look.

teadrinker
    Free Member
    tomd
    Free Member

I like Salsa bikes – I was tempted by that Warbird at £999, but it has Sora 9speed. You get full Sora on £450 rrp bikes at Decathlon!

steezysix
    Free Member
    antigee

over on road.cc

http://road.cc/content/buyers-guide/160092-buyer-s-guide-gravel-and-adventure-bikes-plus-11-best

plus think I read a recent review of a revised warbird possibly why hard to get – from memory the update looked well worth looking at

ben98
    Free Member

Genesis datum?

northernatheart
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses so far. The one on Triton is nearly 3 years old. I was looking for the new ones with the revised frames and seat stays, which is why I struggled to find one.

Will have a look at the list from road.cc

aP
    Free Member

If you phone up Charlie the Bikemonger this week then you may get some useful information from him.

stumpy01

northern at heart – Member

Thanks for the responses so far. The one on Triton is nearly 3 years old. I was looking for the new ones with the revised frames and seat stays, which is why I struggled to find one.

Will have a look at the list from road.cc

Mate of mine works for Salsa distributors. I’ve just asked him about the Warbird frames & apparently the new ones are supposed to be coming into the country Sept/Oct time.
    I’ve seen the new frame in the flesh (the turquoise one) and it looks fantastic.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Like a Warbird but not a Warbird’ is closed to new replies.