Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Like a Specialized Command Post but inline head?
  • idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

So, I love the Command Post on my current bike – three preset positions suits me really well and I love knowing that when I drop it to the intermediate position it’s the same every time. I also love the mechanical simplicity of the air spring/collet system

However, the new frame I have coming needs an inline clamp head for the geometry to work, and Command Posts all have a setback head. Plus I now need a 31.6mm post with internal routing.

Is there a stealth-routed, preset-positions, mechanical dropper out there with an inline clamp (and not a Gravity Dropper!)?

wiggles
    Free Member

DOSS? Not new bit might find one about

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Forgot about that – don’t they have some weird twin-lever thing going on though?

If I’m honest, I’d want new for the warranty, and a black stanchion to match the bike! Surely the Command Post can’t be the only one of its kind?

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

So, a bit of research has uncovered the e*thirteen TRS+ and the new Ritchey dropper, neither of which has been released yet. Looks like I’ll have to wait til they’re available..

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d still want a command post for the reliability. Are you sure you can’t make it work? it’s only a little bit of layback, just push the saddle forward.

mark90
    Free Member

The offset can be a low as 10mm depending on which way round you have the seat clamp.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Like a Specialized Command Post but inline head?’ is closed to new replies.