Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lightweights
  • Diane
    Free Member

Just a rant . Day off – planned ride for this evening called off ….. because it’s raining 🙄 All 5 of them – not the first time either.
    Would have ridden earlier or organsised something else – lost my momentum now so I’m off to the pub. Happened yesterday as well!

Are all women lightweights? I hate letting people down and would ride in pretty much anything except ice on tarmac or very deep snow.

What does it take for you to bail 😀

I expect you to entertain me when I get back in

lizzz
    Free Member

Lightweight in the sense that I don’t eat too many pies… but I love riding in the rain and mud. Was even out in the snow last year, it was awesome fun until it got a bit too deep to pedal in.

I think people just don’t like getting wet, once they are so soaked that it no longer matters everything becomes ridiculously fun again though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Personally, I ride because I enjoy it.

I’ve ridden in enough crap conditions because I ‘had to’ to know that I don’t enjoy that. At all.

So these days, if the weather is crap, I don’t ride because I don’t enjoy it. And there’s nowt at all wrong with that. 🙂

wwaswas

50+ mph wonds down here currently. The lightweights will all end up blowing away.

I wouldn’t fancy riding in the woods tonight due to falling branches etc and up top’s just going to be a nightmare. I’d bail.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Thought it was genuinely a thread about wheels.

Rain is not an excuse for bailing on a ride FFS !

jam-bo

What does it take for you to bail

enough rain to go kayaking.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It hard to go out when its raining – however if I have committed to a ride I would not probably not pull out because of the weather.

flowergirl
    Free Member

Would have ridden last night at Delamere Forest but for an airless rear shock, hence bike at LBS.
    Turns out it was an all bloke ride ’cause all the girls cried off. At least I had a good excuse!
    Have to admit to just wimping out sometimes, much to the annoyance of the hubby 😕
    Does that make me a Middleweight?!

Diane
    Free Member

Flowergirl – probably 😀 But hey – we are all different I guess – no point going if you aren’t going to enjoy it. Just that I’m a bit obsessed and don’t enjoy riding alone as much.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lightweights’ is closed to new replies.