Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lightweight Waterproof Trail Shoes for Running and Dog Walking
  • franksinatra

I have a pair of Innov8 Mudclaws that have been brilliant but are now falling apart. Also not waterproof which doesn’t bother me when running but I get bored of wet feet from long grass when walking the dog.

I recently got some Merrel shoes (can’t remember the model) but the shoe is really heavy. So I’m after something like the Innov8 but waterproof, lightweight and relatively cheap. Budget of around £60.

Any thoughts?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

If you like inov8 … try the Ultra Race.

I’ve found them pretty good at keeping my feet dry …. have a look at the protection around the side of the shoe as opposed to your mudclaws and see if you think it’ll make the difference.

Usually can pick them up cheapish from normal web retailers … think I gave 60 quid for mine

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Salomon XA Pro is the gore tex version = had several pairs for that reason

I have scarpa’s too – very comfy but 2 paris have had issues with faults/lack of durability

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Personally I do not know anyone who uses waterproof shoes for trail / fell running, they just let water in and keep it in.

For running you want a shoe that lets water out quickly.

jonba
    Free Member

Got some adidas ones from wiggle that I like. Cheap enough in the sale. Cheap options are normally pretty vibrant colour schemes.

sportshoes.com also have some good deals. In my experience if you aren’t pushing the limits of the trainers (just walking about) then most are ok from reputable brands so just but what you can find in Goretex in your budget.

13thfloormonk

I’ve been using some thin waterproof sealskin socks over some very thin merino socks inside my Inov-8s, seemed like an infinitely better system than an ankle high waterproof shoe than (in my experience) will start leaking within a year anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight Waterproof Trail Shoes for Running and Dog Walking’ is closed to new replies.