• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by aP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lightweight walking jacket
  • flyingmonkeycorps

I have a Pertex jacket for biking – a Montane something or other, and I had a Surface one for a bit too. Is there an equivalent for walking? Basically just something with a hood.

Doesn’t need to be breathable or anything, I generally avoid wearing waterproofs as much as possible so it’ll mostly just live in a bag all the time.

dknwhy
    flyingmonkeycorps

Looks decent (though cheaper would be better, natch).

ElShalimo

Just wear the Montane pertex whilst walking with a hat to keep your head warm

flyingmonkeycorps

That would definitely be the cheapest option… To be fair I do have a couple of walky waterproofs, but they’re both quite heavy winter jobbies and make me sweat like a baddun in winter, let alone summer.

dragon
    Free Member

Not seen one or used one, but how about this

RAB Spark

spawnofyorkshire

seen the minimus for £80 recently in a sale (can’t remember where, sorry)
    Think the RAB is a little thicker material but not heavyweight at all

I made the mistake of buying the mountain hardwear strech plasmic which is “Built for uninhibited movement it has an all over four way stretch while still keeping you comfortable and dry with the Dry. Q EVAP technology which is waterproof yet breathable.”

Balls – I might as well jump in a river to stay dryer inside it. Avoid that material

aP
    Free Member

I used to do a lot of walking with a lightweight polycotton jacket and trousers (ie Rohan stuff). I had a Rohan Hyde Mk11 jacket which I used for summer walking, autumn and dry winter walking (with a woolly pully underneath). I find a lot of modern “breathable” fabrics, basically – just aren’t.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight walking jacket’ is closed to new replies.