Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Lightweight thin'ish long sleeve jersey?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

is there anything out there at all for cheap? ive seen the endure mtr l/s jersey and this looks exactly what im after but at 60quid its hard to swallow for its minimalist approach to materials

is there any other brand offering out there for a fraction of the price but very similar in terms of material/fit etc?

basically just used for night rides where its still chilly late on and will keep the sting of the wind off?

hp_source

Wiggle DHB Windslam might be a bit more roadie in cut though, £20 cheaper…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

looks a bit to thick for what im after, think spring/autumn nice like today but with a chill at night, don’t want anything that’s going to boil me in the 15-16 degrees upto 8-9pm etc

stumpy01

Merlin have got a decent looking Lusso jersey reduced:

http://www.merlincycles.com/lusso-breathe-2-long-sleeve-cycling-jersey-64892.html

to £25. Not every size/colour available but still a few options.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Whatevers on sale at CRC theres nearly always something! also Tenn do jerseys for about 20 quid.

I agree 60 quid is a ridiculous Toby & Jago tow path mincers price.

There are loads of other sports which use similar tops (usually a different cut though, be careful with sizing) MX and football training tops for example.

lunge

The Lusso is a lovely top but quite warm, still a bargain at that price though.

If not, Decathlon is always worth a glance for this kind of thing.

dknwhy

I got one of these “freeride” jerseys from Decathlon the other day. 3/4 length sleeves. Think it’s pretty good quality.

Decathlon Freeride Jersey

iainc

Endura Xtract does the job well for me, and a good price too

chipster

Armwarmers any good?

DezB
    Free Member

how about a set of these: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sombrio-spry-armwarmer/rp-prod127148

S’what I used this morning with an Endura Hummvee top. Perfect.

nickc

Toby & Jago tow path mincers price.

People who have different price points to you are automatically mincers?

strange attitude 😕

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

good point on the arm warmer route, could easily go down that route, so will try that out with just a normal summer jersey and perhaps a gilet

nickc

is layering unfashionable these days?

MoreCashThanDash

The Aldi one from last week may fit the bill?

wildc4rd
    Free Member

Helly Hansen DRY Mens Stripe Long Sleeve Crew Top (pasted from a website)

I have had 3 of these for over 15 years, all 3 probably washed and worn almost every week. They look a bit battered now, but still very wearable.

DezB
    Free Member

Cheap!

Or SportPursuit have Supernatural Merino mix base layers. The 140gsm is lovely.
    I’m going to buy another at £19.99 🙂

richardthird

Yep, HH Dry OR Armwarmers are what you need

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yeah tbh, wore SS jersey last night and was fine till 9pm, took my castelli arm warmers with me just incase but think when weathers like this a normal s/s jersey is fine

scaredypants

CCUK about 20 quid for a summer longsleeved jersey and they’re good quality

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@nickc

No people who pay over the odds for generic and/or overpriced products, I view them as idiots and a part of a problem albeit a minor one. 🙄

The OP suggested the price of £60 was hard to swallow, so you don’t agree, then why derail with no helpful suggestions relating to the OP, or do you want a debate/argue over whether my turn of phrase was within your boundaries of acceptability? just out of interest although TBH I’m not arsed either way 😕

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight thin'ish long sleeve jersey?’ is closed to new replies.