Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lightweight tent recommendations
  • The-Beard

Looking to get a 3 season 2 man tent for round the £200 mark, got my eye on a few – MSR Elixir, Easton Rimrock 2P, Force Ten Helium 2. Just looking for any recommendations or advice. More interested in the tents ability to withstand a bit of bad weather than obsessing about the weight but I’d like to keep it around or under 2kg if possible so it can be carried on solo trips without too much hassle. Be used mostly for wild camping in hills/mountains year round. Anyone got any of the tents I listed or can recommend one I missed?

Cheers!

peterfile
    Free Member

Definitely make sure you look at the Zephyros XL that Cougar has linked and not the regular Zephyros if you ever plan to have 2 people in it.

I picked up the regular one a while back but took it back after pitching since it was almost laughable that they expected 2 humans to fit in it (I couldn’t even get both mats in!).

Other than the space issue, it was pretty well made and easy enough to pitch.

castanea
    Free Member

I did the same search a while back and I now have an msr elixir. Mostly used for just me but have had the missus out a few times. Good toe height in it, so you don’t lose the last 10cm of tent. Easy pitch and coped fine on a pretty exposed moor for a couple of nights. Used it without the outer a few times too and nice to fall asleep to a view.

Not much of a porch area, enough for wet gear and boots though, so I take my tarp too if its inclement. Makes for nicer round the fire in evening.

I give it 8.5/10. Loses points because if I regularly used it for 2 ppl I might find it a bit small.

The-Beard

Castanea, have you ever used the Elixir with just the footprint and flysheet?

chris_db
    Free Member
    peterfile
    Free Member

Chris, that looked great until I read the hydrostatic head figures…1,200mm for both fly and floor 😯

gofasterstripes
    Free Member
    peterfile
    Free Member

The business.

Agreed!

I’ve got a T2 Ultra which is just fantastic. 4 season, 2kg, really well though out. The Quasar only comes out when pitching in deep snow now.

The-Beard

I do wonder if it’s worth waiting and investing in something I know will last years (though the tents I’ve been looking at are not exactly cheap rubbish).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight tent recommendations’ is closed to new replies.