• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lightweight singlespeed 26er frames?
  • larry

Howdy all, basically as title really. What’s out there?
    I fancy building a really nice, light bike over the next year but need the frame to start with.
    Needs to be available in small as I’m only tiny and I’d like it to be SS specific as I don’t like tensioners.
    Cheers.

letmetalktomark

Hard not to suggest the Whippet or C456.

Of course steel would be better 😉

jonathan
    Free Member

Hard to look beyond On-One… mostly as they’re one of the few people still doing 26″ singlespeeds! Inbred always good if you need a small frame too.

Ibis Tranny if you’re feeling flush?

larry

This is the problem I am having as it seems most of the singlespeeds are now 29ers and I would look like I borrowed my Dads bike!!

Why have they all gone to 29 inch wheels?

Clobber
    Free Member

cos they are better

cinnamon_girl

Cotic Simple?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Chumba HX1 (or HX2 if you fancy big wheels).

Light, slack, great finish and rides really nicely. Plus it’s an EBB so no stupid drop-outs to faff about with.

It’s aluminium but tbh you wouldn’t know it to ride it. (Mk2 only though, the Mk1 is stiffer than a stiff thing)

alexpalacefan

I have a 14″ Scandal, slot dropouts as my SS.

love it

APF

james
    Free Member

Cotic Simple has gone 29″, unless you can find a 26″ one s/h?

Sanderson’s aren’t ridiculously heavy for steel (either the R853 or the other one) + EBB?

takisawa2

My mate has one of them orange Simples with the little wheels. It’s so cute.

Do Genesis still do a ss 26er ? The IO is a nice frame.

cinnamon_girl

Cotic Simple has gone 29″, unless you can find a 26″ one s/h?

Apologies, I didn’t know! Not much choice left in steel then? Worth keeping an eye on the Classifieds – that’s where I got my small Simple from. 8)

bm0p700f
    Free Member

All hardtails are single speeds with the right sprockets (no tensioner needed). So find a frame you like then single speed it. That’s what I would do.

dickie
    Free Member

Pace RC104 – steel, & not that light but beatiful detailing, ss sliding drop outs & very comfy.
    I have a large frame & it feels like it has a little travel at the rear after riding my Ti hardtail.
    Shouldn’t be too heavy in a small.

Rickos
    Free Member

Whyte frames have those neat swinging dropouts. Available n alu, steel or Ti.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

If you get a bike with a BB30 you could use a BEER eccentric tensioner, very neat.

Brainflex

dialled bikes love/hate

nbt

Do chameleons still come with track end dropouts and a removeable gear hanger?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight singlespeed 26er frames?’ is closed to new replies.