Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • lightweight seatpost for heavier rider and
  • vondally
    Free Member

serial post dropper.

looking for a light weight seat post to reduce weight of the build any recommendations

worried over carbon as I put my seat up and down as required ride in nw England so wet and grit…will that kill a carbon post and
    having killed several dropper posts nay bothered at the moment with a reverb or others

vondally
    Free Member

sorry bounce…need advice on a seatpost

steve_b77
    Free Member

Thomson

Northwind

I weigh under 10 stone and still bent my Thomson, wouldn’t go there again tbh. Not sure what I’d recommend instead though, my Nukeproof seems to be much the same as my old Thomson except much cheaper, my Pro Koryak scraped up very easily and looks awful now but it seems bombproof…

Carbon + grit does wear, my Next is getting to bit a bit noticably tapered, the clamp needs to be a lot tighter to secure it at full height than when it’s dropped. But that’s taken a while.

vondally
    Free Member

Thomson not that light???

oh weigh 14 .5 stone on a good year 14 never more that 15 stone

Toasty

Thomsons have been indestructible for me too, weigh in the region of two Northwinds riding on each others shoulders.

Using a Turbine on a bike at the moment and it’s been rock solid. Scratches a lot easier than the Thomson though.

To be honest, the only seatpost I’ve not got on with were I-Beam ones and requiring so much clamping force that carbon frames explode.

njee20
    Free Member

They’re not, most are over 200g. Why lightweight though? Seems to me that if you’re heavy, and wanting to drop it lots, a lightweight post isn’t the answer.

Perhaps a Ritchey WCS alu or sommat?

momo

I’ve got a 13 year old Thomson that’s still going strong and I weigh more than you.

Toasty

Thomson not that light???

http://bikethomson.com/seatposts/elite-seatpost-series/

The weights are all quoted, and match up. The vast amount of other manufacturers weights end up miles from real life. Not weightweenie light, but not too bad. Just as light as mid range carbon Eastons and the like.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘lightweight seatpost for heavier rider and’ is closed to new replies.