• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by GJP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • lightweight rims and hubs….cheapish
  • radoggair
    Free Member

Y’all,

Recommend me some cheapish hubs and rims please, light enough to handle summer xc riding but also strong enough to handle heavy knocks time to time

Even shops offering great deals at mo would help.

Thanks

ton

mavic 72…….err forget it.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Light.
    Cheap.
    Strong.

Pick two.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    radoggair
    Free Member

can i have all 3 with an ish on the end?? Run 321’s just now which are strong but not light, pro2’s which are light but not cheap. Looking to lose about a pound of my total rim/hub spoke weight. Run 321, pro 2’s, 2mm db, 32/36h rims. Good combo, just would love a lightweightish xc combo for drier times

dobo
    Free Member

717’s on xt’s lightish, cheapish

jonb
    Free Member

Merlincycles

I’d go for XT hubs with 717 rims. Cheaper are deore or LX hubs but they won’t last anywhere near as long in my experience.

cynic-al
    Free Member

go for lighter rims and spokes. Hub weight loss is no more beneficial than non-rotating parts.

321’s weigh 570gm, you can get down to 300 IIRC for stan’s. Go as light as you dare and get db spokes. Then spend as much on hubs as you want.

You could go tubeless to save more weight too.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheaper are deore or LX hubs but they won’t last anywhere near as long in my experience.

LX and XT have the same seals, which IME as a wrench, dictates hub life.

GJP
    Free Member

Evans and Pedalon were knocking out Bonty Race and Bonty Race Lite wheels cheaply a week or so ago if you were intereted in some Tubless ready wheels.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘lightweight rims and hubs….cheapish’ is closed to new replies.