Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lightweight rigid forks + frame?
  • bradley
    Free Member

Price bracket of about £300 for both, I know it’s not much but I want to build a bike up that is reasonably light and cheap. Can be new or 2nd hand too.

fenred
    Free Member

Carbon exotics and 2nd hand frame. Just done this for under £240 frame n forks

crispedwheel
    Free Member

These forks: Edit – can’t get link to work: Exotic rigid Alu MTB fork, 44.5cm, disc-only, from carboncycles.cc
    Weigh 925g with uncut steerer.
    £69

This frame: http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/6479.html
    £55

And spend your spare £200 on some secondhand wheels

bradley
    Free Member

Looks good man. Same kind of build i’m aiming for. I plan on selling my hardtail after the build, I dont know why really, just want something light and fast as my hardtail is a cheap, bottom of the range LUMP.

bradley
    Free Member

Don’t like the look of that frame crisped sorry 🙁 polished silver isn’t doing it for me + they don’t even have my size :\

Northwind

Exotic forks mean at this price you’ll have a huge range of frames to choose from. Scandal would be the singletrack-approved option. I used an old Carrera Kraken frame I had in the garage. Whatever suits really.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Already mentioned, but the On One Scandal as it’s on offer and carbon forks of your choice! I can recommend the Exotic’s.

bradley
    Free Member

Looks like carbon exotics are defo a go-er then for forks, they’re cheap too so i’m sold!

I may sell my hardrock before the build if I can fetch £200 for it, we shall see.

I was looking at on-ones already, the inbred is steel and heavy and the carbon frame is out of my price bracket soooo scandal is a good possiblity.

fenred
    Free Member

Inbred frames are heavy, but they are awesome VFM!! Dont get too hung-up on weight 😉

bradley
    Free Member

Scandal also V.light too for an alloy frame. Seems good to me. Anyone got an idea what the carbon exotics 44.5 disc only forks weigh?

Thanks for recommendations guys, will be going with carbon exotics + scandal then will build from there. I intend to take a long while(financial situation not great) building the bike up so I can source good/light parts as cheap as possible.

steveoath
    Free Member

bradley – just got the 29er carbon exotics (to stick on a scandal frame as it happens!) and according to the kitchen scales they are 800g exactly.

Cheezpleez

Don’t know if you’ve considered singlespeed but it’s a great way to build up a light bike on the cheap. Get a slot dropout inbred and you can try it singlespeed and, if you hate it, bung gears on later. As said above, don’t get too hung up on frame weight. I have an SS Inbred with Exotic forks and it’s properly quick

bradley
    Free Member

I’m not fit enough for Singlespeed I don’t think?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight rigid forks + frame?’ is closed to new replies.