Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lightweight (pertex?) cycling trou
  • jimmy

I’m on the hunt for a lightweight, shower / rain proof pair of cycling trousers. Needn’t be 100% waterproof – pertex is the kind of thing I’m thinking, but preferably cycling specific – close fitting and “roomy” around the butt.

Any ideas?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I got some lightweight stretchy softshell trousers from Decathlon that might do the job. I got them for track days when its not shorts weather.

mtbel
    Free Member

Blacks sell exactly what you describe (about £20-30). they’re ok for really wet cold uplifted DHing but pedalling around in? yeeewww! No.

Lightweight cordura DH/Freeride(is that still a thing?) trousers would be way more comfortable and less sweaty.

jimmy

softshell are a bit heavy really (for a spot of that there touring) and they need to be quick drying, hence the pertex. Montane Featherlite’s are the best so far, but something a bit closer fitting might be better.

samej
    Free Member

These are for running but may work: Running Bear trousers? Maybe you could add some velcro around the calfs to tighten them up there.

jimmy

Those running bear look ideal, have ordered em up! Cheers.

matt_outandabout

Montane also do some uber light and breathable, but almost waterproof trousers.

mudsoul
    Free Member

Inov8 makes packable running trousers that works really nicely for cycling, if a bit on the snug fitting side.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight (pertex?) cycling trou’ is closed to new replies.