Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lightweight, Packable, Breathable, Inexpensive Waterproof Jacket…?
  • wombat

I appreciate that the clue is in the thread title but my moon on a stick requirement is for a lightweight, breathable waterproof cycling jacket with a small pack size and at a budget (ideally under £50).

Can this be done?

I did have a lightweigh Altura jacket that fitted the bill but it’s disappeared, I’ve looked everywhere apart from where it actually is and I would look there too if I could work out where that was.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

buy another altura miracle jacket??

not sure you’l get a great deal of breathability at that price. but lightweight, packable, keeps the rain out are all achievable for your budget. problem is (if your anything like me) unless they are very breathable the waterfall of sweat generated keeps you just as wet as the rain you are trying to keep out

gardron
    Free Member

I’ve got an Endura Pakajak which fits most of these. Not as breathable as would be ideal but it’s a storm jacket more than anything. It’s the sort of thing that goes in a pocket when I’m on the road bike.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

DHB chap

shredder
    Free Member

Spend a bit more Endura MTR Emergency shell
    Brilliant bit of kit very small just lives in my pack

nickdavies
    Free Member

I use the montane featherlite, just buy a couple every time they come on sale normally pay around £25/30.

Edit: best I can find atm is £45 from escape – still under £50.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

That Montane jacket is nice (I might look for one myself) but it’s a windproof which is described as showerproof, not waterproof.

My experience of pertex is that it gets v cold when wet.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Berghaus Vapour

http://m.thehut.com/elysium.search?search=berghaus+vapour

Only xl and xxl though and 100.00

chakaping
    Free Member

The Featherlite is not waterproof, but it does pack down small and share a name with my favourite Durex.

OP, you probably need to get on SportPursuit and scour the bargain sites for super discounts. I can’t think of anything fitting your bill at RRP.

rob234
    Free Member

I have a endura mtr in red medium for sale.
    Only used twice too small for me in excellent condition.
    Would sell for £55 posted

Perfect jacket for all your requirements

wombat

scour the bargain sites for super discounts

This is what I’m going to do.

Rob 234, thanks for the offer but I need a size large (purely for the length, you understand 🙂 )

wombat

Just in case any of you good folks were wondering what the outcome was of this. 😉

I found my lost waterproof so a replacement isn’t going to be needed…yet.

Turns out it’s an Altura Thingy. I know it’s an Altura because that’s what the small tab label says, it’s a Thingy because it doesn’t have a model or style label.

cynic-al
    Free Member

…Breathable, Inexpensive Waterproof Jacket…?

…pick 2

sq225917
    Free Member

The Endura Race Cape takes some beating 20k breathable and totally waterproof.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight, Packable, Breathable, Inexpensive Waterproof Jacket…?’ is closed to new replies.