Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Lightweight mtb saddle?
  • philbert31
    Free Member

I’m looking to lose some weight off the bike and the first place is gonna be the saddle, ive currently got a gobi Xm on it, what are your recommendations? It still needs to be relatively comfortable for 40 milers.

Cheers

wiggles
    Free Member

Specialized Romin, Ti or carbon railed versions.
    Ti one is about 210 grams

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got a Bontrager Evoke RXL Carbon, 155g, very comfy.

Spesh Phenom Pro/S-Works are nice too. I found Toupes very comfy, but they snap too readily.

You can get crazy light carbon ones on eBay, tempted to try one!

As with all saddles though, it’s personal!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cruzcampo
    Free Member

Fizik aliante are super comfy, although pricy.

Charge spoon or charge scoop, titanium are next on my wish list and more justifiable price wise, not sure which is comfier though?

matthew_h
    Free Member

I really get on well with my SDG Circuit Carbon. Nice broad top and only 165g

zilog6128

Ti Spoon is not mega light (250g) but comfy & cheap (Rutland have it on sale as long as brown is ok!)

Nobby

Start with finding out the right size & go from there.

everyone
    Free Member

There must be other places to get rid of some easy weight? I’d much rather get some carbon bars etc before possibly compromising comfort.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

@zilog That TI spoon sounds light, my WTB currently weighs 435! lol

Rik
    Free Member

Got a lovely condition SLR 135g saddle in dark blue with carbon base that i can do you for £35 posted. One of the best and most comfortable truly light saddles you can buy. Email me

njee20
    Free Member

There must be other places to get rid of some easy weight? I’d much rather get some carbon bars etc before possibly compromising comfort.

I find mine supremely comfortable, they needn’t be uncomfy.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Tune Speedneedle. 95g.
    Comfy for me.

philbert31
    Free Member

I like the weight of the speed needle but it I’m not sold on the looks!

Moda
    Free Member

The syncros TR1.0 is comfy and light for me. Also do a TI rail one

large418
    Free Member

Selle Italia carbonia or something. 135g and it’s comfortable with my backside.

Bought off mtbmatt a while ago but it looks like he went even more weight weenie!

DanW
    Free Member

Tune Speedneedle. 95g.
    Comfy for me

Second that. Correct shape trumps tons of padding for my behind

hatter

Selle San Marco Concor Protek, with Ti-rails – 190 grams and not silly money, I find it really comfy as well but I know other who don’t so try before you buy if possible.

sockpuppet

@zilog That TI spoon sounds light, my WTB currently weighs 435! lol

Or try the charge knife, similar to the spoon, but lighter. I love the spoon, but I’ve done 100 milers on my knife too.

oliverracing

I took a punt on a Chinese carbon saddle (about £18) turned out to be about 97g and amazingly comfy, regularly use for 4-5 hour rides on my full sus – I’ll admit it is very hard and a little sharp, but seems to fit well for me!

philbert31
    Free Member

Im liking the look of the Selle Italia Carbonio, it’ll save me about 100g and is reasonable priced, but will it fit in a reverbs clamps??

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Fizik Gobi 00 here, can be picked up for £140ish in Europe,

or Selle Italia SLR – 137g (says 135 on the top) eBay – £50ish

Northwind

It’s not super light- 200g or thereabouts- but I like the Charge Knife, I’ve had them on most bikes for ages. I think probably they have to be exactly the right shape for your bum but I find mine all day comfy- actually comfier than the Spoon for me. And pretty well priced.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Selle Italia SLR for me works very well

aracer
    Free Member

I also have an SLR which I find comfy – though it’s not the most durable.

Didn’t get on with a Speedneedle (though only tried it on the roadie), but still have it, so should probably sell if anybody is interested…

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I could probably do with another one, if you do sell it.

stevied
    Free Member

Very happy with my Prologo X Zero II I bought to replace my, not so comfy, Spoon. Just over £50 on CRC, 220g’s

rocketman
    Free Member

Nukeproof Plasma Speed Race (woh)

or RF Atlas

MTB saddle size but slim sleek light and durable

SLRs also nice but a bit fragile

njee20
    Free Member

Didn’t get on with a Speedneedle (though only tried it on the roadie), but still have it, so should probably sell if anybody is interested…

Tempted to try one – how much Chris? Leather, or alcantara?

Problem I found with SLRs wasn’t so much that they were fragile, but they did wear out very very fast, I’d be through the cover in 6-9 months, which wasn’t great IMO, found everything else to last longer!

amedias
    Free Member

for cheap and reasonable weight try these:

Bioflex Carbon Saddle

*not in stock at CRC but available elsewhere if you look

I happened upon them by accident when one came on a bike I bought, didn’t recognise it but found it really comfy, then took it off to put on another bike and was surprised by how light it was.

I’ve got 4 of them now on various bikes, love them to bits as they fit my arse perfectly, and at < 200g for ~£35 with Ti rails and a nice comfy carbon base with a bit of padding on top they are a bit of a steal!

pixelmix
    Free Member

I also have an SLR which I find comfy – though it’s not the most durable.

I have a couple of SLRs. A second hand SLR at 135g (claimed, actual is more like 150g) looks a bit worn and tatty but is functionally fine.

A secondhand SLR XC is wearing much better. Slightly heavier at 185g or so though (claimed at 170g according to their website).

Next time I need a new saddle, I think I’ll juts pick up another 2nd hand SLR

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight mtb saddle?’ is closed to new replies.