Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lightweight knee pads – are they worth getting?
  • coolbeanz
    Free Member

If so, which ones? I cover a fair few miles and would like something that will be really comfortable on all-day rides. However, what’s the point of wearing something comfortable if it doesn’t work. Your thoughts?

[Also, is it just me, or have knee pads become a bit of a fad?!]

qtip

Must have been about 10 threads on this recently, including this one, currently on page one of the bike forum.

z1ppy

I reckon so, been using G-form ones for last couple of years, once on I don’t notices there on. No big crashes to evaluate their protection effectiveness but no damage from my many small spills, so worthwhile in my book. Considering replacing them with Dainese Trail Skins

andysredmini
    Free Member

I use some g-form for bmxing and the first time I wore them I jumped up on to a wall and fell off the other side (it was wet and slimy) landing from about 4 foot directly onto my knee. They worked perfectly and I never felt a thing.
    Cant comment on how they would stand up to a rocky landing but for what I wanted they are great.

poah
    Free Member

I’d get ones with side protection – my dainese trail skins have done their job several times.

http://wp.me/p4HYH0-M

mildbore

I reckon they are well worth it. Wore 661 hard pads for years, a couple of years ago got some soft shell pads, have (cough) tested them a few times and can vouch for their effectiveness

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Had g-form certainly better than nothing but I stopped using after shredding my knee cap at a race now I wear Fox Launch Pro on every ride.

chiefgrooveguru

If you can arrange to only have lightweight crashes when you’re wearing them, keeping the big spills for big pad days, then absolutely! 😉

hatter

Better the lightweight, comfy pads you actually wear than the heavy duty pads that you don’t because they’re too uncomfortable.

jezketley
    Free Member

G forms are definitely worth it. Wear mine every ride and have crashed tested. wouldn’t wear my 661s for general riding.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight knee pads – are they worth getting?’ is closed to new replies.