Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • lightweight cross disk wheels for tcx
  • kilo

davidtaylforth – Member

Pacenti’s new rim is worth a look http://www.justridingalong.com/sl25-disk-rim.html

There’s a brief review of them here;

Getting dirty with the new Pacenti SL 25

matts
    Free Member

I just got a set of the Pacenti SL25s, some Novatec 771/2s, and D-Lights. Haven’t built them up yet, but I’ll weight all the parts later.

steve73
    Free Member

Those sl25 rims do look good and get a good review above. They seem to fit the criteria and have a deep section to them like the grails. Very interested in what weight they come in at.

matts
    Free Member

Pacenti SL25 – 434g
    Novatec 771/2 – 162g/279g
    64 Sapim D-light – 337g
    Brass nips are 62g, Alu are 20g
    18mm Vittoria rim strips are 20g each

Jamie
    Free Member

@Steve

I know JRA are about to, or have already, doing a wheelset which consists of the Pacenti SL25, D-Light spokes and their own Jawbone hubs.The hubs are rebranded Bitex*, which, According to JRA, are better quality than the similar Novatecs when tested.** Price is around £380.

I was going to pick some up, buy I inadvertently spunked my parts budget on some hydros.

*MTF15/20 – 3 in 1 Disc Front Hub / MTR12 – 3 in 1 Disc Rear Hub

**This may be subjective as they are selling them.

AlexSimon

I know it’s Superstar, but I’ve been very happy with my Pacenti CL25 on Tesla wheels. (I paid £199 on offer – normally £269)
    There’s 30% off custom wheel builds today-only, so it might work out similar price.

AlexSimon

For example – I just used their generator to specify:

Stans Iron Cross Rim – CX Disc x 2
    700C STANS IRON CROSS 32H
    Tesla EVO Front Hub x 1
    Tesla EVO Front Hub Body x 1
    TESLA EVO F BLACK 32H
    Tesla Evo Front Adaptor x 1
    Tesla EVO Front QR
    Tesla EVO Rear Hub x 1
    Tesla Evo Rear Adaptor x 1
    TESLA EVO REAR QR
    Tesla EVO Rear Body x 1
    TESLA EVO R BLACK
    Tesla Evo Freehub x 1
    TESLA EVO ALLOY FREEHUB
    Sapim CX-Ray – Bladed Black x 2
    SAPIM CX-RAY – Bladed BLACK
    Sapim Brass Nipples x 2
    BRASS

Came out at £311.49 which sounded cheap to me.

I think DT Swiss 350 hubs were a similar hub price too.
    Edit: £328.99 for Stans Iron Cross, CX-rays on DT 350 hubs I thought was a bargain.

bigdawg
    Free Member

Just had a set built up by m pollard at spokesman wheels – novatech hubs sapim Cxray spokes and stans alpha 400 rims just over 1500g for pair. Great set of wheels.

If you want ready built the Planet X carbon 38mm cross wheels are listed at 1440g

AlexSimon

Aren’t the Planet X ones tubs bigdawg?

bigdawg
    Free Member

yes they are – my bad, but tbh I was going to buy them but couldnt find one review on them

steve73
    Free Member

OK I think I have made my decision for my set of wheels for my tcx slr 1 – Pacenti SL 25 rims, cx ray spokes and Hope pro 2 evo hubs. All in black. Unless anyone has any other recommendations . I have estimated the weight of this set but does anyone know what the actual weight will be ?

tripleridingstyles
    Free Member

Have you built those wheels now Steve73? I’m looking at a similar spec for my cross bike. What spoke count did you go for? 28/28?

benji
    Free Member

Be interested to read how you guys get on with the Pacenti SL25’s they are currently on my shopping list thinking of what to improve on my Niner RLT, and some of those on red hope hubs is very much on my mind.

tripleridingstyles
    Free Member

+1 for Pacenti SL25 interest. They’re wider, deeper, and lighter than Stans Grails somehow?! Seems a no brainer to me

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘lightweight cross disk wheels for tcx’ is closed to new replies.