Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • lightweight camera tripod.
  • jam-bo

i have a gorillapod type tripod and its just not cutting it for long exposures and night photography.

any recommendations for £50-100? its for an rx100 so doesn’t need a huge load capacity.

jimjam
    Free Member

Just consider that for long exposures and night photography you’ll want stability so lighter may not be better. Yes you can secure with sandbags or rocks etc but this might be limiting.

I have a very basic Velbon cx 540 which cost about £45. It is okay but it’ll get moved around in the breeze.

CraigW
    Free Member

What size Gorillapod have you got? There are bigger versions, which are more solid. eg GorillaPod Hybrid should work for most heavier compact cameras, or small mirrorless cameras.

Also depends on how the Gorillapod is setup. Probably best if you have a post that you can wrap 2 legs around, plus one leg out straight for stability.

bluebird
    Free Member

Have a look at Manfrotto.

jairaj

What size Gorillapod have you got? There are bigger versions, which are more solid.

I have a Gorillapod SLR which I think is their heaviest duty model and used it with an SLR camera and seems to work fine with exposures up 10sec.

thenorthwind

Are you using a remote trigger or short self timer? That will prevent any shake from pressing the shutter button. Apologies if you’ve tried that – I don’t mean to condescend but thought I’d ask.

rOcKeTdOg

Just consider that for long exposures and night photography you’ll want stability so lighter may not be better

this, i made that mistake, yes it’s great to carry but moves in the breeze 🙁

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Manfrotto BeFree works for me when out on the bike.

STATO
    Free Member

I have a gorrilapod SLR and it gets tiny shake from the movement of the shutter on my camera. No use for long exposures but a basic velbon did my fine, when not windy.

Mikkel
    Free Member

+1 manfrotto befree

jam-bo

Anyone used the beefree one. Can get one for £80

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘lightweight camera tripod.’ is closed to new replies.