Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lightweight But VFM Seatposts & Stems?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Looking for something lightweight but cheap(ish) for my new SS build. Always (and still do on the other bike) use Thomson kit but want to try and keep this new project on budget so Thomson (unless I go second hand) might be out of my price range.

What do people think about the Nukeproof posts and stems? Decent? Been running some of their bars (and will be getting some more for this build) for the last couple of years and I love them. Reasonable price too although would be nice if I could save a bit more!

Anything else? KCNC stuff seems lightweight but is it built to last?

Oh and another requirement – I want matching post and stem!

Cheers
    Dave

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Ritchey is normally cheap and light

thebunk

Controltech seatposts at CRC are pretty light and good value.

khani
    Free Member

FSA is good and cheap, the stems are great

njee20
    Free Member

Woodman do some very light bits, seatposts certainly, no idea if they’re available over here though, and may be more than Thomson.

KCNC is designed to be light primarily, I’d avoid if you’re heavy/clumsy, good otherwise. Alternatively Ritchey do stuff for every budget, and it looks far nicer than KCNC.

wwaswas

go to on-one/wiggle/etc and just see what they’ve got on offer. FSA seem to come up cheap fairly regularly and are often fairly light, too.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for Ritchey, even the cheepest stuff is still pretty light, if it’s a 27.2 post your after I’ve got a few spares (including a thompson) I could sell.

GaryLake
    Free Member

KCNC finishing kit is alright, it’s anything mechanical that you need to watch out for IME…

stumpy01

I’ve got a KCNC Pro Lite seatpost, Flyride Stem & SC Bone bar on my Stumpjumper FSR & it all feels like solid bits of kit.

The anodising isn’t lasting very well on the seatpost though, although I do take the post out to get the bike in the car, so I don’t think that helps.

It took me a while to get used to the sweep on the bar (I went for the low rise, which is very low), but now I am used to it, I find it very comfortable.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – interested in the Thomson if its silver and 410mm long?

Cheers for all the replies. Will check out all the other options.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

KCNC stuff is very light, the ti seatpost I have seems to be strong despite being silly light. Downside is the finish immediately started rubbing off when dropping the seatpost. So, if you’re a seatpost shuffler, look for something more hardwaring like Thomson.

Stif have some stems and seatposts going cheap. I got a 75mm Syncros FL stem @ 128gms for £26.99.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight But VFM Seatposts & Stems?’ is closed to new replies.