Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • lightweight budget 2 man tent- recommendations?….
  • hopefiendboy

After a lightweight 2 man tent, hiking and biking trips, but on a tight budget. Any experiences out there? What would you recommend?

Cheers

matthew_h
    Free Member

These are very difficult to beat for a good price/weight comprimise:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-banshee-200-tent-p140006

I went for the slightly bigger, heavier 300 as I am pretty tall and big but they seem really good.

househusband

I’ve got a North Face Westwind tent that I’m planning on selling, just haven’t got round to it yet. It’s in mint condition; let me know if you’d be interested.

matt_outandabout

Agree with the Banshee – we bought 3 this summer as instructor ligtweight tents and they are great. Stood up to some bad weather well.

I would have to pay another £100-£200 to get lighter or better IMO. Certainly a sturdier tent, and surprisingly not much heavier, than the Terra Nova Laser / Laser comps that other staff have.

Pieface

Vango Tempest 200 is better than Banshee IMO – the porch in the Banshee is tiny.

Also available from the same link Matt H posted.

wingnut31
    Free Member

Just got a Coleman Avior x2 from Amazon, about £60 ish on sale, a little bit heavier than the Banshee but has the two doors, front with small porch and also a side door.
    Saw one last year in North Wales and looked very well made and light enough to carry, good reviews on the forums I have seen, not used it yet myself but defo worth a look at that price…

HTTP404
    Free Member

I have a Vango Banshee – I can sell.
    I used it once.

Alternatively, check out the Coleman X2 Rigel. Cheap at £75 and Superlight but it is only single skin.

Blackhound

Way out of your budget but I saw an Easton Kilo the other day, superlight and your wallet would be the same at about £450 if you got one.

Sold as a two man as well.

jimcollins67
    Free Member

Vango Banshee 300 for under £65. Just bought one for doing the Big Welsh Ride Thing this year http://www.marshallleisure.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_250_32&products_id=4874

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Alpkit are selling tents soon, some info on the website about the developement of them. Sure to be good value.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘lightweight budget 2 man tent- recommendations?….’ is closed to new replies.