Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • lightweight breathable waterproof
  • robbie
    Free Member

Guys time for a new jacket so best lightweight breathable hardshell please?
    Cheers

jimmy

Alpkit Gravitas?

johnnystorm

Rapha Core rain jacket is brill. No more weighty/bulky than windproofs I’ve had previously. No pockets or hood though if that matters. I wore it on the London-Edinburgh-London Audax in properlt foul scottish weather and I stayed dry from rain and/or sweat!

ianfitz
    Free Member

Alpkit gravitas is pretty good but hands down the best jacket I’ve ever had is a gore one.

Breathability and waterproofness is beyond anything I’ve ever used before. Worth noting that I used to be a kit tester and have worn a lot of water proofs.

It’s expensive but worth it. I bought mine at full rrp with my own money…

chakaping
    Free Member

I just got the Endura MTR Emergency Shell for an absolute steal off CRC.

They are out of stock now, but it is a tremendous jacket and still decent value at the prices other retailers are asking. Just perfect for “just in case” use and it did me proud on Helvellyn last weekend.

I also have a Rapha City waterproof which is more substantial and has excellent waterproofness & breathability. That was about £120 half price though, so not cheap at RRP. Has a hood and droppable tail.

bowglie

Endura MTR emergency shell here as well – saved me from a complete soaking more than once. If I know I’m going to out in prolonged rain, I use a Gore ‘Active GTX’ jacket, as it’s a lot more breathable than the MTR (much bulkier to pack in a rucksack though).

robbie
    Free Member

Thanks guys
    The alpkit one looks great. But i think not having a removable hood or collar to store would annoy me on the bike?
    Ian which gore jacket are you refering too? I was looking at the gore power jacket but reviews said the collar opening was huge.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘lightweight breathable waterproof’ is closed to new replies.