• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by toby1.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lightweight & breathable trainer recommendations?
  • cbr9
    Free Member

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a light and breathable pair of trainers to make walking around in 30-40 degrees slightly more comfortable?

Thanks!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

In Florida last year I used Scarpa Spark and Salomon XR Missions.

Both were comfy and very cool, but the Scarpa were a bit less ‘serious’ and better for leisure rather than Ultra marathons.

Looking for another pair of Scarpas to replace them now they are getting a bit tired.

If youwant somethng less racy, my wife loved Skechers Go-walks. Very light and minimalist, yet reportedly comfy even at high miles.

james-rennie

If you can find a pair of Brooks Green Silence, you’ll love them, guaranteed.

Some crazy colour schemes, but perfectly meets your requirements.

maccruiskeen

Any of the 3d knitted style Nike ones should do the trick – usually find something in TK Maxx or at one of their Nike Town outlets pretty cheap. Very breathable and also very light. Surprisingly long lasting despite having soles that look like they’re made out of flumps.

I’ve a pair of sketchers running shoes that are similar and very good too. Wore them of for long days of July city-hiking around Paris a couple of years ago.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I got some Decathlon walking shoes for Florida last year. 15/20 quid and they were great. Even betterer with a set of spare elasticated laces I had spare.

Not massively structured so no way a running shoe despite initial appearances tho.

rocketman
    Free Member

Adidas Terrex Swift R, the one without Gore Tex.

Light and breathable with walking-shoe stiff soles. Soft rubber is sure-footed but wears out relatively quickly

Depending on where you’re walking, very lightweight running shoes tend to let in too much dust and debris through the uppers so you’ll need to sacrifice a little bit of breathability

dovebiker

Look at some of the walking sandals from the likes of Keen, Teva and Hoka? Some of the latest mesh/sock trainers mean you don’t need socks.

cbr9
    Free Member

Thanks all I’ll check out all the suggestions! Cheers.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I got some cheapish Reeboks from Sports Direct. My feet sweat a LOT and they are great, lightweight and breathable. I can feel the breeze from the fan in the car through them even with socks on.

mattyfez

I got some new balance trainers with lots of that thin mesh a year or so ago.

Similar to this but I paid about £30 from tkmaxx http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Balance-M1260-RS-D-mens-running-shoes-silver-red-black-jogging-trainers-NEW/311647414547

toby1

Currently using Nike air zoom winflo 3’s. Allow air to pass through when the wind blows and incredibly comfy. I still get hot feet though, not sure I’ve ever had cold feet 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight & breathable trainer recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.