Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lightweight bivi tarps – anywhere actually have them in stock?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve tried for ages to find anywhere that has what I’m after in stock, the type that just covers the head end of the bivi bag?

Anyone seen owt, or have one for sale?.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I was going to suggest a Siltarp 1 but the usual suspects don’t seem to have any stock.

How about a GoLite poncho tarp … less than 200g and someone was flogging one on the classifieds last night for £30.

If it’s just something to cover your head, have you thought about making one out of polythene? lighter than anything else and certainly much cheaper.

Stoner
    Free Member

Have you tried Bob at backpackinglight.co.uk?

charliedontsurf

I got a tera nova from jackson outdoor… who look a lot like CRC but with outdoor gear… mmmmmm?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tried Backpackinglight, they are struggling to get a supplier.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ah. My mum used to make them for Bob but since she stopped I was wondering if he.had another supplier.

If its any help I use a lightweight poncho that works a treat. I can find a brand name when I get hone if you like

rickmeister

Google Aguille who are in Staveley, think they do them.

HTH

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Is it the golite one stoner – mentioned above?

montylikesbeer

Try here ultralight outdoor gear tarps, they have a few in stock and good to deal with

Nick

I used a golite poncho tarp on this year’s WRT, it’s a bit tight on space but it kept me dry for two drizzly nights, plus it’s light and packs to almost nothing.

giantonagiant

Try RV Ops, the website says out of stock, but call up they have a few different ones in (or did yesterday, ‘cos I bought one!).

Stoner
    Free Member

not that posh a brand. Came from the local army surplus shop.

More like this one.
    http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/army-surplus/clothing/u-s-army-clothing/lightweight-waterproof-woodland-384957.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=S&A

Packs down to the size of a coke can. Has eyelets around the hem.

Here it is in use:

Trekster
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cheers John, I did consider it, but I reckon it wouldn’t end up being much cheaper.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight bivi tarps – anywhere actually have them in stock?’ is closed to new replies.