Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lightweight 29er Tubes (and where to buy)
  • duckers
    Free Member

Any recommendations?
    If not how about 650b’?
    26ers definitely too much of a struggle.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Specialized Turbo ones are really light, try the internet

njee20
    Free Member

They’re not that light, and not available in MTB sizes any more are they?

Conti Supersonic are very light.

But, may I be the first to say tubeless…?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Don’t know, i got some from Cycle Surgery in that there London in 29’er size not too long ago

Northwind

Schwalbe XX light were good for 26, I think there’s a 29er version but I’ve not used it.

womp
    Free Member

I’ve had the eclipse tubes in my 29er commuter on kojacks for over 1000miles now, bit expensive though

http://www.tweekscycles.com/components/inner-tubes/eclipse-29-x-1-5-2-25-presta-valve-inner-tube

duckers
    Free Member

I think those eclipse prices are missing a decimal place somewhere 😯

I’ve run tubeless before and will again, then the lightweight tubes will go in the seat pack for emergencies, so it helps out either way.

jimw
    Free Member

Schwalbe SV19a are 140g

DanW
    Free Member

Schwalbe SV19a

These were the best I could find for back up tubes to stuff in a pocket that don’t weight a ton. Tubeless for day to day riding though! Charlie the Bikemonger has them fairly cheap in the UK or Bike Discount are the cheapest I found online

Conti Supersonic are very light.

Conti don’t make a Supersonic for 29ers do they? Always liked their 26er tubes.

njee20
    Free Member

Sadly the Eclipse tubes are hilariously unreliable. Silverfish gave up on them due to all the returns.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Compatible with 26/650/29

Northwind

I got a pair of Eclipse tubes. One of them had a manufacturing defect and was twisted, but ironically it was the one that lasted, the other one split at a seam without ever being ridden. I sent it back to Merlin and asked for a replacement, they said “No chance, we’ve stopped selling these, they’re shite”

The twisted one I ended up puncturing at fort william, in an ill-judged overtake that also flatspotted the rim badly enough to bin it. So I can’t fault it for that. There’s a puncture kit available but it was a big ugly hole and I wasn’t convinced it was fixable.

Anyway, Just Say No.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight 29er Tubes (and where to buy)’ is closed to new replies.