Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Lights/Batteries/Charger Inter compatibility
  • jb89
    Free Member

Hi! After some advice about the above if anyone is in the know.

I bought a couple of solarstorm x2 lights which worked fine, but the chargers have broken. I then decided to spend a bit more, and bought a Gemini Xera 950 and a Magicshine MJ-858, both with 4 cell batteries.

Would it be possible to:

a: Run the Solarstorm off either the Gemini or Magicshine battery pack?
    b. Charge the Solarstorm batteries with either the Gemini or Magicshine chargers?

It appears that they all have the same connectors, but I don’t know if they are compatible.

Thanks!

Doh1Nut

The gemini charger here shows its the same one for 2,4,6 or 8 cells.
    The voltage is consistent with two LiIon cells in series.

The Gemini and solarstorm etc packs are all based on two cells in series then they just keep adding pairs of cells in parallel to keep the voltage the same and increase the capacity.

So if the connector fits (and it is the right way round – ie the pin in the middle of the connector is posative/negative) then the charger should work.

N

Goldigger
    Free Member

You could always invest in a decent RC charger that will charge virtually any battery you have.
    I have a turnigy acucell 6, this charges my lipos, li-ons Ni-Mh.
    If you need to charge a pack and have the old knackered charger, cut the connector off and make a charging lead..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Lights/Batteries/Charger Inter compatibility’ is closed to new replies.