Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lights that do road and MTB
  • NewRetroTom

My old faithful Hope Vision 4 lights have finally bitten the dust after 8 years and a lot of use. Don’t think I can legitimately send them back to be fixed again as the last couple of times they stopped working I took them apart myself and got busy with the soldering iron. Can’t work out what is broken this time though.

Not sure what lights to get now though… I mostly use them for commuting – part through the city and part on unlit sustrans routes. I also use them for trail riding and 24 hour racing a bit.

Is there a light that has a road/dipped mode that won’t blind oncoming traffic as well as having a powerful flood mode that will be good for trail riding on its own?

djflexure

exposure strada, perhaps supplement with helmet light for fast off road

freeagent
    Free Member

Yeah, my Strada 1200 (paired with a joystick on my lid for off-road) would be fine for trail riding.

onandon
    Free Member

This ^ – exactly what I was going to post.

Ben_H

I use a pairing of an old Exposure Joystick and a newer Sirius.

Both are about 400 lumens and are just fine for my needs (I think your Hope light would be about 550?). IME you don’t need really powerful lights for woodsy trail riding.

Gary_M
    Free Member

exposure strada, perhaps supplement with helmet light for fast off road

And another vote for this. I’ve been using a strada 1200 for the last month or so, fantastic light. I also have a joystick on my helmet for emergencies. Can’t see any reason why that wouldn’t be a good combo off road.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lights that do road and MTB’ is closed to new replies.