Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • lights that are always on but give out super bright pulses every 0.5s or so
  • scottidog
    Free Member

Seen a few folks riding around the roads with these and they are impossible to miss, a really effective commuter light. As I’ve lost my front light thought I’d get one of those.

Anyone know who makes them?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Both my Dinotte

And my use lights do this

wwaswas

My lupine ones do this too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ooOOoo
    Free Member

Impossible to ride towards, I find…don’t do it!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My Exposure Joystick Maxx does it too. Best front commuter light I’ve ever had TBH.

flap_jack
    Free Member

yep, you should cause a good accident or three with something like that.

coffeeking
    Free Member

aye, you hear of loads of accidents from people dazzled by flashing LED lights from bikes 😆

flap_jack
    Free Member

I have to stop when faced with one of these. One day someone will overtake me, assuming I’m parking or something, and will go head-on into the cyclist.

scottidog
    Free Member

The ones I’ve seen didn’t seem too bad but it has been around brightly lit streets so guess I didn’t get the full effect.

Anyway, no way I can afford one of those just for commuting and already have a DX for night rides.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

It may be that you’ve seen the Exposure Flash / Flare ones – I use them alongside a Wilma for my winter commuting, but – and I’m pretty sure it’s Exposure’s principal – they’re great to use in the same was as daylight running lights are on motor bikes / cars. Spring / Autumn they’ll be on the road bike almost all the time. Not big bucks and they’re good quality*. Get the rechargeable pack.

* so saying, the red elastic mount’s just gone on my rear one, so if anyone’s got a spare… 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

On the cycle superhighway that goes to Canary wharf there were loads of cyclists, almost all of whom had bright strobe lights on. It was a total disaster, I couldn’t see f all. Good job guys 🙄

Flashing only lights are a bad idea, they make it much much harder to track moving objects, especially when there are lots of them. Which is exactly what you need with cyclists. Not sure about pulsing lights as you describe either… a fast flicker might be ok, but 0.5s is too slow to process in a fast moving traffic situation imo.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘lights that are always on but give out super bright pulses every 0.5s or so’ is closed to new replies.