Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lights on your person
  • molgrips
    Free Member

When I used to use a rucksack everywhere I commuted, I used to clip a second flashing light (in addition to the steady one on my seatpost) onto the provided clip to put another light higher up, because flashing red lights mean cyclist to most drivers nowadays. I think this is a good idea.

However now I’m not using a rucksack all the time, and I’m not going to modify every item of riding clothing to accept a clip, so I’ve been looking for ideas. The requirement is for something rechargeable, since I’m sick of faffing with AAAs.

My best idea so far is one of these

Attached to my helmet. I’ve got one of the front ones and it’s fantastic. Question is, has anyone had a problem in a crash with a light on a helmet? Don’t want to have to be picking bits out of my skull..

wiggles
    Free Member

I use a light&motion front and rear helmet light. Flashes at the back and can direct the front when at junctions etc when my bar light is facing the wrong way. Not fell off so far…

garage-dweller

Some led lamps have belt clip fixings.

iolo
    Free Member

Joystick on the front and redeye on the back. You get a cable from the redeye to the joystick to power it.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/exposure-joystick-mk8-handlebar-mount-redeye-2014/rp-prod110875

crikey
    Free Member

Just buy some tiny bike lights, I got these from Tesco for a couple of quid, take CR2023 batteries and last for ages. Stick them in the rear vents..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lights on your person’ is closed to new replies.