Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Lights magicshine or nearly priced alternatives
  • chiefgrooveguru

Spokebloke light ordered! I thought the Fenix LD20R4 on the helmet was sufficient but last night I went over the bars at a fair speed and as I hit the ground had a “WTF, why have I come off?” moment. Turns out I’d ridden straight into a large log about 3″ to the right of the singletrack I was riding – I was approaching a left hand bend and taking a nice wide entry and simply hadn’t seen this foot thick length of timber lying across my line…

If full power is 900 alleged lumens, then low power would be 300 alleged lumens? And presumably the lower the power, the closer you get to matching the theoretical lumen output? It’ll be interesting to see how it compares to the Fenix and the Maxx-D I briefly used before.

SandCrab

Spokebloke,

Order Number 3843, much appreciated.

Thats £11 left over to get the missus something for her birthday, my relationship thanks you!

SC

mrplow
    Free Member

I’m in! 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oscillatewildly
    Free Member

my mates got a dx jobby last year, 900 claimed lumens, ive got a maxx daddy 900lumen and mines is a fair bit brighter than his, and has alot better spread…..but his was a hell of alot cheaper than mine, and it was a cheap way (and only way he could) get out in the winter months, i was tempted to get one as helmet light, but it just seemed a bit to big to be mounted to a helmet….would be intruiged to see this sat on a helmet all mounted up though to give me an idea as the actual unit is different to his dx…

GEDA
    Free Member

Whats with the strange list of countries on the international delivery list?

ross980
    Free Member

Looks like Spoke has done a roaring trade today. That’s another one sold.

Quick question – I’m going to be using the lights next Friday for a decent length ride (3 hours+) – is it worth charging and discharging the light before hand or do the Li-ion cells work to full capacity after one charge?

Cheers.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

my brother has bought himself two sets of spokes lights this week, not sure if he was happy or miffed the 2nd set where cheaper

stumpy01

Just ordered one!

Please try & get order 3863 to me in time for the Dusk 2 Dawn!!

Last week at Thetford I was having to slow down as the lights on the bars weren’t allowing me to see far enough ahead round corners….Been toying with the idea of a helmet light for ages, and that ride was the point when I realised I needed to just do it!!

EDIT – Hope you have plenty of stock! From the sounds of it you are going to need it!! 😀

ross980
    Free Member

Hey Stumpy – I was first! 😉

try5
    Free Member

Bought a spokebloke light
    looks like i just got the reduced price by the skin of my teeth!
    thanks spokebloke.

donsimon
    Free Member

What’s the postage cost to Spain?
    Posted 15 hours ago #

Still waiting for an answer. Two appearances since the question was asked and no reply, not particularly impressed.

spokebloke
    Free Member

Still waiting for an answer. Two appearances since the question was asked and no reply, not particularly impressed.

I’m sorry, but on the product page it says in big letters ‘FREE DELIVERY’.
    I try to make the website as clear as possible – obviously I have failed.
    I am not impressed with me either…..

donsimon
    Free Member

I didn’t go to the web page, I guessed that if you were here you could have answered. Some you lose.

spokebloke
    Free Member

And some you win!
    Have a good weekend.
    Al

donsimon
    Free Member

Strange reply, have a good ‘un too.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Oi princess, your carriage is here ;-P

Blimey though, in 15 hrs surely you could have emailed him to ask about the postage?

donsimon
    Free Member

Blimey though, in 15 hrs surely you could have emailed him to ask about the postage?

More important things to do, sweetheart.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Lights magicshine or nearly priced alternatives’ is closed to new replies.