Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Lights magicshine or nearly priced alternatives
  • toys19
    Free Member

If you would really like magicshine light but not really into the risk of long distance customer support what similar alternatives are there in the UK? Wasn’t there some bloke selling them from a UK supplier? I can’t find him, is there anything else?

ma9mwah
    Free Member
    uplink
    Free Member

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/index.php

but do you really need top customer support for a £60 light?

Kato

spokebloke’s?

clicky

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Going to order a spokebloke light on Friday when I get paid. MSUK are out of stock of their cheaper lights and for the sake of £20 more and the much more useful (for me) helmet mount, its a no brainer. 900 lumens… yum yum.

toys19
    Free Member

Is the spokebloke one essentially a repackaged magicshine? does anyone have any experience of the spokeblokes lights reliability?

stevemorg2

Rob at the photonshop is going to be stocking Magicshine lights – not sure if they are in yet but it’s worth giving him a ring

http://www.thephotonshop.co.uk/

I had a lot of dealings with him with Fenix and other lights – I know he’ll be offering a warranty and he is very easy to deal with

spokebloke
    Free Member

Is the spokebloke one essentially a repackaged magicshine?

Nope, they’ve repackaged our light.

does anyone have any experience of the spokeblokes lights reliability?

A group of us spent all last winter refining them before they were fit to sell. The bracket had to be redesigned to our spec – not sure if the ones in China have been fettled.

I still use the prototype three times a week – it’s had a battering and works fine.

toys19
    Free Member

Nope, they’ve repackaged our light.

Uhh? Are you implying that you designed the magicshine?(I’m not being scornful it would just be an interesting revelation)

pascoa341
    Free Member

@spokebloke How is the battery on yours. Is that the old model, the new one or did you do some things with that as well?

spokebloke
    Free Member

All our batteries are properly sealed and checked before they go out. It’s a ballache, but better than warranty claims!

spokebloke
    Free Member

Uhh? Are you implying that you designed the magicshine?(I’m not being scornful it would just be an interesting revelation)

Nope, I / we didn’t design it – we sourced the light, got samples / prototypes, messed about with it over a few months and bought the finished article. Then found out that Magicshine are selling it 3 months later. Really chuffed.

VanHalen

that spoke bloke mount has to be the most snap happy looking mount i`ve ever seen. do you people not crash?

if i hadnt just spanked all our cash i’d buy one. i’m owed a birthday prezzie.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

@ spokebloke

you got any beam shots of this light? quite interested in one 🙂

pascoa341
    Free Member

Really chuffed.

I presume your cynical here, if not I admire your positivity in life! I’d probably be gutted that my design was stolen.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

My brother just bought a spokebloke light but other than taking it out the wrapping this morning and nearly blinding himself at work hasn’t been out yet

I have a feeling he is gonna dwarf my single set of ayups. I think a lumen war has broken out

spokebloke
    Free Member

do you people not crash?

Oh yes. Broken my ribs twice – you’ll be pleased to know the lights were fine….
    If the bike landed upside down you might have a problem, but the bracket snapping would probably save the light itself.

spokebloke
    Free Member

you got any beam shots

[quote]
    Will get to it.

swoosh
    Free Member

the magicshine light claims 900lumens but i think someone measured it at only being around 600lumens, does the spokebloke light pump out more actual lumens than the magicshine?

spokebloke
    Free Member

900 lumens is the claimed theoretical max, as most manufaturers state.
    I don’t think that ours actually pump out 900, but they are at least as bright as other ‘claimed’ 900s.

Gnnr

Spokebloke, I bought a Wonderbike Onethelight “Marrow” last year, direct from Jay of Wonderbike. Lovely guy to deal with… however the light I bought is more or less identical to a DX Bastid unit.

Surely he has just had the Magicshine Units re badged as his own, he lives in the same city etc.
    On the plus side the battery bag supplied is much better than the DX bag. This may be a moot point with the new battery design.

He is very convincing that the lights are not Magicshine’s re-badged but having used both I can’t help but think he’s in bed with them on some level.

If I was concerned about warranty I would still purchase from you, just not sure about the spraff that its in anyway different from the new DX model.

spokebloke
    Free Member

He is very convincing that the lights are not Magicshine’s re-badged but having used both I can’t help but think he’s in bed with them on some level.

We are shouting at each other as we speak.

Northwind

toys19 – Member

“Uhh? Are you implying that you designed the magicshine?(“

Bear in mind there’s more than one magicshine, I think I’m right in saying spokebloke is referring to the latest one not the older “bastid”

toys19
    Free Member

Northwind, yeah I know which magicshine is like spokeblokes, it’s ok anyway he has clarified…

donsimon
    Free Member

Now you’re doing lights then? That’s cleared up a little mystery for me, I couldn’t understand why you were so hard on the Ayup guy, now I do. Get in there! Kill off the competition 😆

What’s the postage cost to Spain?

Jamie
    Free Member

Going to order a spokebloke light on Friday when I get paid. MSUK are out of stock of their cheaper lights and for the sake of £20 more and the much more useful (for me) helmet mount, its a no brainer. 900 lumens… yum yum.

You going to eat it?

VanHalen

beamshots yet? need something floody for the bars.

donsimon
    Free Member

Kings Arms, York. A floody enough bar?

spokebloke
    Free Member

Beamshot now here, comparing to a Lupine Tesla 4 and a set of Ayups.
    Also a one day sale on the lights, finishes at 5pm.

ross980
    Free Member

Spokebloke – how much are they normally?

spokebloke
    Free Member

£99

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Spoke – that’s a nice looking light there for a pretty damn cheap price!

HarYuken
    Free Member

Bought 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

spoke bloke which of the 3 pics is your light? not really sure whether its the top one or bottom?

neninja
    Free Member

How much is postage?

Is the Magicshine version of your light using different settings? Your low power appears to be 30% and give longer battery life but their one is claiming 50%.

Are there any plans to add an extra power level? I’m not bothered about strobes and flashing settings but a low/mid/high option would be useful.

neninja
    Free Member

The beam shot is the top one.

I now see you offer free postage.

stumpy01

spoke bloke which of the 3 pics is your light? not really sure whether its the top one or bottom?

From the text, it looks like the one at the top if the Spokeshirts light, followed by the Lumpine & then the Ay-Up…..

neninja – Member
    How much is postage?

It says in the description that postage is free…

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, VERY tempted to get one of these as an additional light for the D2D, even though I’ll be using a converted Lumi LED light along with the 12W halogen…..

muggomagic

Ordered……

Anyone want to by an Exposure enduro maxx?

SandCrab

Spokebloke,

Is that price for all light purchases made today? I ordered some this morning before i read this!!

SC

spokebloke
    Free Member

I’ll quite happily refund the difference – what was the order number?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Lights magicshine or nearly priced alternatives’ is closed to new replies.